How is AT&T in the NYC area, specifically Brooklyn for you? (VZW customer)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gshox, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Gshox macrumors regular

My first iPhone is my current 4S on Verizon I got in November. The coverage is awful inside my apartment so I have been very dissapointed with that although I love the phone. Its ok everywhere else for the most part.

I was wondering if I should switch to AT&T because I am not eligible for an upgrade right now obviously and the ETF ($250) + 2 year contract is probably my cheapest option for a 64 gb iphone 5. It cant possibly be as bad as vzw is in my apartment but is it good in NYC overall? Thanks.

2. bearsbears macrumors member

Great outside, pretty good overall, but hit or miss indoors. I've never had issues in my apartments but at my office I had zero signal. I'd suggest inviting a friend who has AT&T over to your apartment and seeing how their signal is :D
    I guess the plus side of AT&T is that you can get a microcell tower if the signal in your apartment isn't good but that's another $200 you might not want to spend...

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I don't spend a lot of time in Brooklyn but I haven't had a very good experience with AT&T in NYC, however it has absolutely improved over the past several years. So I've got to give them credit for that. I get too many dropped calls even when just walking down the street and the phone won't work at all in some overly crowded areas (Yankee Stadium, MSG, Times Square). Midtown high rises give me issues too. But like the person above me said, it can be very hit or miss and dependent on your specific routine. I do get good service at my apartment.