How is customer services of MBP in recent years (2015-2018)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hajime, May 31, 2018.

?

How is Apple's customer services for MBP users with Apple Care (2015-2018)?

1. As good as Steve's era

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Going downhill (please explain)

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Just like customer services of other manufacturers such as Razer, DELL, Lenovo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rubbish. Don't want to buy MBP anymore as long as TC is in charge (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. After Apple Care is expired, still received good customer services

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. After Apple Care is expired, received unsatisfactory services

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, customer services under Steve were excellent as long as you had Apple Care for your MBP. Due to recent Apple's ways of doing business under that TC, I am concerned that customer services will go downhill for MBP users. I am considering whether or not to invest on the MBP 2018. Could you please share your experience?

2. meteoreos macrumors regular

meteoreos

I found the level of service is relative to the 'Genius' you're assigned on the day.

I had an issue with dust behind the screen of my MacBook Pro, and I went in for an appointment, got turned away as it wasn't really enough of an issue to warrant a replacement screen, according to the Genius at the time.

Made an appointment a week later, same issue, the Genius there was way more understanding and I got a new screen fitted on my MBP. Happy days.

I was within my year's warranty.

3. sputnikBA, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018

sputnikBA macrumors 6502

hajime... don’t take this the wrong way, but I see you pop up in the notifications a lot.

You need to take a break from MacRumors for a while man. You aren’t going to make any decisions before WWDC anyway - so just step away from all of this and go enjoy some time in the sun or something for the next few days.

4. OSX15 macrumors member

OSX15

It all comes down to people. I've bought around 20 Macbook pro's over the last 6 years for my business. I've had some horrible drama stories with some, other things got fixed fairly quick.

In my experience you have to be a bit lucky to get the right person. Apple also has some very stiff procedures when it comes to certain things. I've had Applestore managers save me multiple times in the past.

Just today I picked up my repaired 2017 15" because it had keyboard issues. Resolved for now.

I also have a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015 which had some small issues with the coating. Although barely noticeable they offered to replace the screen under a special replacement program, so I'm quite happy about that. Battery was not top-notch anymore so I figured € 209 is not a big amount of money to pay since they will also replace the entire topcase which includes a new keyboard and trackpad.

So all-in-all I'm quite happy with the service I receive, both with and without Applecare.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I recently had an excellent experience. This is why I do find it hard to change over to another maker (though I'm leaning more that way).
    I took in my laptop last month to get the battery replaced and the trackpad fixed. The act of replacing the battery would give me a new track pad since its all part of the top case. Anyways this is on a 2012 laptop and because the parts were "constrained" and I had to wait a couple of weeks for the parks, never mind the work effort.

Because there was a longer then expected wait, they opted not to charg me. I was flabbergasted.

Non mac related customer service from apple. I bought an iPad Pro, I thought I wanted the 12" and so two months after buying the iPad Pro they allowed me to exchange it, even though I was well outside of the return window. Another positive experience I wish to pass on :)