Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
So iPhone 5S iPad mini 2 and 3 iPad Air 1 owners and iPhone 6 owners that has 1GB of Ram how is IOS 11 beta 1 ?

So do you think apple should have remove support on iPhone and iPads that has 1GB of ram or you think it's too soon too tell yet even no it's 64 bit but with 1GB of ram I would think everything would be running vary low too unstable

Do you think iOS 11 should be for 2GB of ram and above

All so do you guys think apple will drop support on iPhone 5s iPad mini 2 and 3 iPad Air 1. and iPhone 6 that has 1GB of ram. In later betas? If you or they find it too be too unstable too support 1GB Device when the final is near complete?

Last edited:

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
So iPhone 5S iPad mini 2 and 3 iPad Air 1 owners and iPhone 6 owners that has 1GB of Ram how is IOS 11 beta 1 ?

So do you think apple should have remove support on iPhone and iPads that has 1GB of ram or you think it's too soon too tell yet even no it's 64 bit but with 1GB of ram I would think everything would be running vary low too unstable

Do you think iOS 11 should be for 2GB of ram and above

All so do you guys think apple will drop support on iPhone 5s iPad mini 2 and 3 iPad Air 1. and iPhone 6 that has 1GB of ram. In later betas? If you or they find it too be too unstable too support 1GB Device when the final is near complete?
No Apple Will not drop support for IPhone 5S and other models that you mentioned. Not this year.

Reactions: rui no onna

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
Seems fine on my sister's iPhone 6 on iOS 11 beta 1 and it's about the same and par to iOS 10.3.2. No delays, no slow downs at all. Except for the some bugs that will fixed on later betas.

Well for my iPhone 5S it's disaster!! Its just like running iOS 9 beta 1 on iPhone 4S and in some areas much slower and worst! Booting up takes 1 minute and 15 seconds compared to 40 seconds in iOS 10!.There is stutters anywhere, and lags all the time!. I'm so jealous of my sister's iPhone 6 right now, even the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 are completely the same Phone same RAM or whatsoever. Her iPhone 6 in iOS 11 beta 1 is about Two to Six times faster than my iPhone 5S suffering in iOS 11 :(

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Seems fine on my sister's iPhone 6 on iOS 11 beta 1 and it's about the same and par to iOS 10.3.2. No delays, no slow downs at all. Except for the some bugs that will fixed on later betas.

Well for my iPhone 5S it's disaster!! Its just like running iOS 9 beta 1 on iPhone 4S and in some areas much slower and worst! Booting up takes 1 minute and 15 seconds compared to 40 seconds in iOS 10!.There is stutters anywhere, and lags all the time!. I'm so jealous of my sister's iPhone 6 right now, even the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 are completely the same Phone same RAM or whatsoever. Her iPhone 6 in iOS 11 beta 1 is about Two to Six times faster than my iPhone 5S suffering in iOS 11 :(
A7 vs A8 proccesor, the A8 is not only quicker to process, the graphics on the iPhone 6 were also a large step up.

filipe.esposito

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2016
Hard to say with beta 1... it's really crap now running on my iPhone 6 Plus with restored backup. But, I've used for some minutes without my backup and it seems ok. Let's see on next builds.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
My iPad Air (1) is hanging in there. The animations are giving it some trouble (laggy as hell) but for the most part it’s ok considering that it’s only beta 1.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
My iPad Air (1) is hanging in there. The animations are giving it some trouble (laggy as hell) but for the most part it’s ok considering that it’s only beta 1.
I also have an iPad Air (1st generation) At first setup, i thought my iPad Air was bricked. Yes A7 is designed to run iOS 7 and iOS 11 will be the worst and slowest one. Then it wont charge at all. Then the next day im so glad i plug the cable again to charge my iPad Air then it charged. I think my iPad Air 1 is a little better compared to iPhone 5s, and now my iPad already looks like running OS very similar to Macs.

So my prediction the slowest device is A7 chip…
1. iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2 score is 4 out of 10 are the weakest A7 device and did not get that much feature of iOS 11.
2. iPad Air score is 5/10 its a little better and more stable since it is clocked higher than iPad Mini 2 and 5S but, the split screen is remove.
3. iPad Mini 3 score is 6 out of 10 it is between iPad Mini 4 and iPad Mini 2 in terms of software features but still closer to iPad Mini 2 performance and it did get the Apple Pay thru apple cash unlike the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air

The rest of device are still buggy, since its beta. But the performace even iOS 11 official release this fall will be the same, little to no performance boost is to be expected, and will fixed all the remaining bugs and errors. Since iOS 11 is designed for A11 Chip.

Last edited:

zman2100

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Florida
What is multitasking like on the iPad Air 1? I'm curious since the Air 1 got skipped for most of the multitasking features in iOS 9.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
What is multitasking like on the iPad Air 1? I'm curious since the Air 1 got skipped for most of the multitasking features in iOS 9.

From what I've read, split-view multi-tasking will not be available on the original iPad Air.

I just hope it runs the rest of iOS 11 in a somewhat respectible manner. I would consider staying at iOS 10.3.2 if it wasn't for the introduction of Files. For me, this is a game changer in terms of productivity.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
I think im just gonna downgrade my iPad Air 1st generation from iOS 11 beta 1 to iOS 10.3.2. Because, After iOS 11 my iPad Won't charge at all.

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
If anyone has iOS11 on a 6+ could you please do a Geekbench score and let me know the results? Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.