How is Office v.X supposed to be best yet on any platform?

Centris Fan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2002
Upstate NY
When a 450 dollar program is written so piss poor that all features pretty much have to be turned off in order for it to come close to keeping up with a moderately speeded typer, then someone should be sued.

jipper

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
you're right... but

you're right, but...
office v.x is a much better program than any other version of office seen on any os. In fact my uni is completely run on windows and i have to put up with office 2000. It's a relief to get home and use the warmness of the macbu's office v.x. The speed thing is still an issue... but i don't think it runs any slower than most os x programs. I think the speed issues are mostly due to the operating system. We should see an improvement with the introduction of X.2. Not only that but the MacBU@MS will be releasing an update for office to coiincide with the release of X.2. So never fear, help is on the way.
Cheers.
Tim.

Comment

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
If Office v.X is the best on any platform
then the other platforms must really suck. I can't wait until they put anti-aliasing in their text
Then I would use it full on

Comment

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
It is certainly better that Office XP and 2000 on the PC and way better that 2001; it is not fast enough yet, but this will come :)

Ensign

Comment

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I read an article that said that the update that is coming in june will fix about 1300 bugs!!!

Comment

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Hey Falleron, nice avatar! Like it!

I look forward to the update, I bet it coinsides with the release of X.2, anybody have any dates for it?

Ensign

Comment

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Hey Falleron, nice avatar! Like it!

I look forward to the update, I bet it coinsides with the release of X.2, anybody have any dates for it?

Ensign
Cheers Ensign Paris, not bad for 2 mins work is it! I will put some effort into a decent one soon.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.