How is "Scuffgate" merging and becoming "Dent and Scratchgate" in most media outlets?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rm.237, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Rm.237, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

Rm.237 macrumors 6502

I mean on one hand scuffgate was started because Apple anodized their aluminum in a manner that over time could seemingly have the color wear off. Whether you have a Black or White iPhone 5 this seems likely to happen. With the Black iPhone bearing the brunt of the criticism due to the more noticeable contrast. On the other hand are the obvious quality control issues that have new iPhone 5 owners opening the boxes to already scratched or dented iPhones. Both are issues but totally different and have seemed to kind of merge together as a singular complaint. At least with the way the media seems to be rolling with it. A little frustrating is all because they are both issues that in my opinion need be dealt with.

Just my two cents.

2. Rm.237 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I think that the problems that might happen over time to the aluminum have been put on the back burner because of the issues that people are seeing when they open a box and there are already issues with a brand new device. I am sure that the scuffing will be talked about more in a couple of months but by then people will be long out of their return window.

4. Rm.237 thread starter macrumors 6502

It really is a much more marketable issue to sell.

5. falconeight Guest

falconeight

They use soft anodizing which is just a level above paint. Just take care of your phone. I have owned lots of apples products that were anodized and they held up fine.

6. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Sale?

With appliances, there are "scratch and dent" sales.