how is the MBP 'nearing the end of a cycle'?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrklaw, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mrklaw macrumors 68000

what timing does macrumors use for working this out? New sandy bridge machines were just released at the end of Feb - barely 5 months ago. If people start holding off on buying after only a few months of a new model coming out, nobody will ever buy one.

Crazy..

realistically do you see an update before next year and Ivy Bridge? Maybe just a small processor bump?

2. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

People pull all sorts of rumors and opinions out of their arse.

As you say, the machines were just updated, and they're awesome. I doubt Apple is much concerned with a few rapturous fanbois gripping their cash in hopes of some phantom refresh they imagine is coming.

What we may see is a high-end Air model that starts to encroach on MBP CPU specs territory, and featuring the speed benefits of the SSD as a standard feature. It will likely be smaller, lack an optical disk, run like stink and cost dearly.

3. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR

The last refreshes took over 300 days. I expect it to be the same this time. I think the next refresh is going to be with Ivy Bridge, that means early 2012. There can be a slight processor upgrade in october or more ram...
    Apple has to update other products later this year. Like iPhone, iPod, MacPro's, MacMini's... So another MacBook Pro refresh seems unlikely