How is your iPad Pro 10,5” battery health?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nikusak, Oct 20, 2018.

1. nikusak macrumors member

According to Coconut Battery, my iPad Pro 10,5” battery capacity is only 91% of the original capacity after 113 full charging cycles.

I don’t think this is quite normal? I purchased this in August 2017. My previous iPad Air was at 90% or so after almost four years of use and well over 500 cycles.

Would be interested in seeing what kind of results others get.

2. Valbunny macrumors member

Valbunny

Unfortunately I do not have access to Coconut Battery. However my iPad Pro 10.5 showed a battery capacity of 91% (before iOS 12) purchased in July 2017.

3. NoWayBehind macrumors 6502

NoWayBehind

Just tested mine for the first time and I'm really disappointed. it should be around 80% after 1000 cycles, but it's much less already (72,5% which I can really feel in day to day use). Does anyone know if this can be exchanged as a faulty part even if it is older than one year? (Germany).

This iPad keeps having issues, first the bright spot above the home button and now this.

iPad 10.5 Health.png

4. nikusak thread starter macrumors member

I would definitely contact Apple. In practice the warranty is two years in the EU. Pretty sure you’ll get a replacement - assuming Coconut is even close to accurate. That kind of degradation for sure isn’t normal.

I took my iPad Pro to an authorised service here and they did some diagnostic check, for free. They can activate it over the phone too from Apple support. You then start the diagnostics from the Settings app and see the results for yourself.

According to diagnostics my battery was 97%, but Coconut showed 91%. Go figure.. battery life definitely isn’t as good as it was on my old Air which was amazing. But perhaps it never was to begin with?

I’ll run Coconut again in a few months and if it drops more, ask to run the diagnostics again.

5. FeliApple macrumors 65816

FeliApple

I would advise testing the health again with 100% battery. It is more accurate. An iPhone 6s tested with 30% had 53% health (it had 710 cycles, too). I tried it with 100% and it had 76% health. It might not change, though, but it's worth a try.