How is Your iPhone 5 Working? DO You Like It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gags730, Sep 26, 2012.

1. gags730, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

gags730 macrumors newbie

Good Afternoon Everyone

I am looking for people to describe their experiences with the new i5…
    My contract is up in about a week and I currently own the 4S.
    I’m looking for people to describe what they like about the new phone and
    your overall experience with the new device.
    If you answer please be honest.

If your response doesn't answer any questions or doesn't pertain
    to the questions please don't respond, its just a waste of my time and yours.
    I know these questions may have been partially answered in many different threads
    but people have had time to use the phone so I'm looking for the newest
    up to date comments in this thread.
    I'm Not trying to be a d*ick either... Thanks

Some key questions I ask from ya’s….

As Always I Really Appreciate Your Responses.

Thank You,

Gags730

----- The Questions ------

How does it Compare to the 4/4S?

Differences from the 4/4S?

How is the Battery Life with new software to manage the battery life?

Battery Charge time?

How your older Apps are working( any key differences)?

What they changed as far as commonly used things like contacts and texting?

Do they look different work differently?

Using the Lightning connector:
    a) Issues with hooking up car audio
    b) Use with home audio
    c) Bluetooth audio

What got better?

What got worse?

What’s the same?

Things totally new to the phone that you like?

What would you change on how the new phone works?

What features would you add or delete if you made the phone?

If you used Android devices or your friends have them how would you compare the i5 to those devices?

Is there anything from Android phones you would like to see in the i5?

And anything that you would like to add....

Thank You So Much!!!

2. iHawaii, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

iHawaii macrumors member

I can nearly guarantee each one of those questions has at least 3 threads apiece if you scroll and search a little bit.

Good hunting!

All of those threads are updated chronologically.

If you're here, you want the phone. Get it. It's a good phone.

3. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

You're welcome.

----------

Way to help him out.

4. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

Good answers. I have an i5 on order so it's nice to read the positive feedback.

5. iHawaii macrumors member

4 years of cluttered threads asking the same questions, because people don't want to read. While I can appreciate specific questions, almost every question has been answered ad nauseum in the 1st 3 pages. Still, kudo's to you for taking the time to give your opinion.

6. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

Also if I didn't mention it. It is noticeably lighter. It almost feels like its fake until you turn it on. Not cheap, just like its a demo unit with no battery in it. This is a good thing though. It translates into a much more comfortable user experience if using your phone for extended lengths of time

Downside: phone would not make as good of a weapon in a pinch as the iphone 4/4S. :mad::D

----------

So if I can take the time to give him the answers he sought why couldn't you? You obviously had time enough to troll his thread.....

Also the purpose of the thread was to have those questions answered sequentially by individuals to get a better idea of differing opinions on specific questions, rather than have to search hundreds of threads for fractured information.

If you're not going to respond to the thread in a positive way why say anything at all? Golden rule and all that.

7. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

The only downside I have found is the way pics display on the phone. Despite the 16:9 screen the pictures are still 4:3 aspect ratio. It's tough to say what is the best solution to the 16:9 ratio but I don't care for the black bars on the sides of pics that you take on the 5. I think apple should make an option of 4:3 pics or 16:9 pics so if you want the pics to fill up the whole screen they will. You can always take panoramas for wider shots but it doesn't look the same as a regular pic. I still like the 5 much better than the 4s but that one thing is the only drawback I have found.

8. iHawaii macrumors member

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I wasn't trolling or negative. I read it once and merely responded in the manner I did so he wasn't flamed for asking 20+ questions in a new thread that have been updated and answered many times over in the last 5 days. I'd rather have that than a bunch of sarcastic responses, as per usual. Golden Rule, indeed.

/unintentional thread hijack over.

9. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

I would agree with this. Would be nice to have the option. 4:3 is the standard photo aspect ratio though...

10. Ryan914 macrumors newbie

Overall I love my iPhone 5. Fast, amazing screen, great battery. Unfortunately mines got dodgy sound through headphones and Apple refuse to replace it for another 4 weeks "due to demand".

11. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

You were the only one doing any flaming....

12. iHawaii macrumors member

:rolleyes:

Ok.

13. ek9max macrumors regular

I bought a black 32gig on launch day. It has been perfect and had zero issues with it. But I was somewhat unsatified for some reason.....

Well today I swapped it out for a 64 gig! Now I'm totally happy! LOL

I guess not having the best model was killing my experience. I'm a weirdo. :eek:

14. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

Hahaha. I've been "struggling" with that. Thought about doing the same. I really wish they had gone 32/64/128 this time. Next time maybe?

15. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I found out there is a 16:9 option when you go in to crop a photo and then it will take up the whole screen so I will probably end up cropping some of the pics I take on the 5. I knew you could crop photos but I didn't know about the different aspect options you can select in there.

16. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

loving it, everything is super fast and input keeps up with my fast typing skills. Super light , hated how my previous iphone weighed down my pants as if I were trying to sag hip hop style. Screen is noticeably more vibrant. Lightning connector seems more modern and tiny compared to the previous huge connector.

I'm coming from the Jun 2010 iPhone 4.

17. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I'm the opposite. I ordered on the 16th and had to decide immediately how much size to get. I ended up ordering the 64gb, but afterwards was thinking I probably didn't need that much space. I have a 32gb 4 now.

Rick

18. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

You can never have too much storage :)

19. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i'm loving it! my 4th iphone and it really is the best one yet imo. just the speed alone and how responsive the phone is just opening apps is a huge upgrade. not to mention the screen looks a bit better seems to have a bit more contrast,blacks look blacker. camera is fantastic! bigger screen and it's thin and light very sleek..i could go on and on but it's all been said before

20. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I got a black 16GB AT&T iPhone 5 last Friday. At first I absolutely loved it. But over the last couple of days I've become a little less enthusiastic. First, we are on a trip to Williamsburg, VA right now and the battery life has been terrible. In the past, my iPhone 4 would hold a charge all day long with plenty to spare. I didn't even make it to mid-afternoon yesterday and it was at 20%. Now AT&T service here is terrible and I don't blame that on the iPhone, but I'm hoping that is somehow is causing the low battery. If so though, does that mean every time I travel, if I am in a poor reception area, my battery is going to run down?

Another issue, I uploaded some pictures from Photos using Facbook yesterday, but for some reason they did not all upload. Once again I wonder if this was poor reception. Finally, last night even using the hotel's WiFi I was geeting poor connectivity.

I never used to have issues like these with my iPhone 4. In fact I used to look with suspicion at all the folks who complained about their iPhones. But I guess now I can officially be labelled a whiner.

21. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

QFT, I will probably just stick with a 64gb model.

22. Tvwalker macrumors newbie

Tvwalker

I hooked mine up to my Nissan Rogue and it worked just as well as my iP4, popped up all songs and I could use car controls to shuffle, next, back, volume, etc.

23. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

The thing I wanted the most was better battery life than my 4S and I got it!
    I was only getting 4-5 hours on the 4S and now I'm getting 7-8 on the iP5!
    Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    I LOVE IT!