How is your white sport band holding up? Very dirty yet?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ChrisPowder, May 8, 2015.

1. ChrisPowder macrumors member

As the title says. Holding up well? Have one ordered (still at processing), am wondering if they are a good purchase?

2. ratigator macrumors regular

ratigator

I ordered one as well and have the same concern. I've seen a few pictures that people have posted and it looks like dust and marks show up a lot on the black one. I ordered a classic buckle band just in case I don't like the BSB.

3. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

No problems with "dust and marks" on my BSB. I've used it since the 24th with almost daily workouts and I wear it from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed. YMMV

----------

Curious about this as well? I have one (also still processing) and remember the white case from Otter Box turning a rather unattractive shade of grey in a few weeks. That being said from the feel of my BSB I don't see this being as being likely.

4. lique831 macrumors regular

It's holding up great. I don't have a single mark and I've been working out, doing housework and other day to day activities.

5. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I've been wearing mine all day, every day since April 24 and it has no marks and looks bright and clean.

6. ipaine macrumors member

Mine is looking great. I sometimes clean it after a heavy gym session - but I'd do that for hygiene reasons, not because it's white.

7. Snowkarver macrumors member

It cleans up surprisingly easy.

I had the same concern when I first got mine, but have since taken it trail running, gardening in the dirt, even fixing my moto. Almost everything comes off with a rinse in warm water. Once I had to use soap, and another time isopropyl alcohol to get grease and chain lube off.

After almost 2 weeks still looks mint. It's a fantastic material.

8. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Looks like the day I got it (4/24).

I just received a black sport band, so I've switched to that as my daily driver. That said, the white really grew on me. I'll be wearing it on certain occasions as it has a more fashion-y feel.

9. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Looks just like it was new. These things don't seem to stain or really pick up dirt like silicon cases or watch bands, and if they do a small wipe usually takes care of it.

11. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Just another me too. I got my white sport band on 4/24 and I've been wearing it every day since. I haven't noticed any dirt or stains on it. I shower with the watch every day too, which might help keep it clean, but I don't really specifically spend any time cleaning the band in the shower.

12. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Surprisingly dirt- and grime-free. I'm pleasantly shocked at the cleanliness and durability, to be honest.

I don't shower with it, but I do give it a rinse before putting it on the charger in the evening.

13. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

Mine looks as good today as it did when I got it 14 days ago. I haven't rinsed or washed it yet, but I did rub one small smudge off with a wet towel the other day. Not sure what it was, but it came right off.

14. Unconsoled, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015

Unconsoled macrumors regular

Looks like just out of the box after 14 days of use.

15. danniexi macrumors 6502

had mine since launch day.

absolutely no gouges, scratches, discoloration. looks like the day i took it out of the box.

maintenance would be for me to wipe it with a wet towel (once through) every day or every other day.

16. RogerEast macrumors regular

17. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I have a speck on mine (#speckghazi) but it was like that out of the box. Other than that it's holding up well even after heavy workout/sport sessions.

18. ihatephish macrumors regular

I've jogged with it three times and mowed the yard with it twice. Looks great!

19. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Great to know the band holds up and continues to look like new. Now if Apple would only ship me my freaking band!!

20. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Tim Cooks' doesn't seem to have any smudges on it.:D

21. maryunani macrumors member

22. fanta88 macrumors 6502

When I had the white band, it cleaned up well (even some indigo transfer from my jeans washed off). However, there was yellowing on the inside part of the band with the metal post, no doubt from sweat/skin oils. I wasn't able to clean that part.

23. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Umm my white band is holding up amazing actually. I quite love it, and it's as bright and as clean as it was on day one.

I think they should start making the iPhone cases out of this material next. I would definitely invest in a white case then.

24. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

So true. Every white iPhone case I've tried ends up turning gray at the corners and edges almost within minutes of use. I've been pleasantly surprised how the white sports band seems so resilient to stains.

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I've been wearing my white sport band every day for 2 weeks now and no signs of it getting dirty of discolored. Really amazed at how white it's staying. Apple should make iPhone cases out of this stuff.