How legit is this? Verizon 4S work with Tmobile USA(VIDEO)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Asianxfatty, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Asianxfatty macrumors member

Hello, i was browing through youtube and i found a video of this..this video seems legit, i am questioning it myself how he got his Verizon 4S to work with Tmobile USA..any explanation, i wish i could do it to my verizon 4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7y1iDbh6w

IF anyone can help explain that would make this godly

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Unlike Mr. Hammer, this does not meet the requirements to quit.

3. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

I believe that their is only one version of the 4S, so it has both antennas in it. The 4 had the separate CDMA model, and won't work as you described.

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

This isn't legit we don't know what sim card he put in the 4S he could've put an international sim card which will roam on AT&T in the US

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If it was roaming on ATT, it would actually say ATT as the carrier. I am not saying it is legit, but the fact that it says TMO as the carrier sorta debunks your reasoning.

6. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Right but when roaming you'll see a carrier icon and I believe you can select Tmo

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

No, it will just show whatever network you are roaming on.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I'm from Canada on the Telus network and I'm visiting Florida right now and my iPhone 4 (HSPA) will often shift from AT&T to T-Mobile while roaming. I've used both carriers successfully.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Makes sense, as I mentioned, it will always show whatever network you are acutally roaming on.

10. iloveiphone4 macrumors member

it is quite possible as supposedly Verizon will unlock their iphone 4s if user has 6 months of good standing with verizon. So one lucky user might have convinced a rep to unlock his verizon iphone 4s sooner.

Once it is unlocked, you can pop-in any SIM. Although every where I read, they all say, that all verizon/sprint phones will never work with att and t-mobile but will work for any other carrier in the world once unlocked.

11. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Wrong when roaming under location services there is a carrier icon you open it and turn off automatic and select T-Mobile

12. Asianxfatty thread starter macrumors member

i dont think hes roaming tmobile..he did say he unlocked his phone with that verizon 6 month thing which unlocks it for international. look at his sim card, if it was from another country it wouldnt have the same one as the the tmobile usa

----------

yeah theres only 1 verison of the iphone 4s, and if fully unlocked a person can switch back and forth in the usa, and internationally...maybe the person in the youtube video glitched it.

13. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

He could have done this:

1. Unlocked his Verizon iPhone 4S from meeting Verizon's requirements for international usage.

2. Visited the UK or Germany and obtained a T-Mobile UK or T-Mobile DE SIM card.

3. Returned to the US with the SIM roaming on T-Mobile USA.

And to people who live in the US and not seem to have the Carrier menu, I live in Australia with an unlocked 4S and there is a Carrier menu under Settings where I can search for and manually select which carrier to connect to.

14. Asianxfatty thread starter macrumors member

would he really go through all that trouble to make a video that got my hopes up for a full unlock for my verizon iphone 4s?

15. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

He didn't necessary have to travel to all those countries, I mean he could have gotten an active SIM off eBay, or a family member/friend just came back, he found the SIM.... many possibilities, but it's really not that hard. I got a CSL SIM in Hong Kong and when I returned to Australia, I could roam on all three networks here via the Carrier menu.

16. cynics macrumors G4

I'm going to call Verizon tomorrow to get them to unlock my phone and just start popping in friends and families sim cards to see if I can make it work.

17. larock macrumors member

I had Verizon "unlock" my iPhone 4s for international use. Then I popped in a GoSim global sim card in it. It jumped on AT&T for a bit then settled on TMo. Pulled it out rebooted the phone and was back on Verizon. Neat little trick, but I only plan to use it when traveling outside the USA. I couldn't find my TMo prepaid sim to test out, but everything I have read indicates it won't work.

18. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Last time I checked, it's pretty easy to order sim cards off ebay. How is that trouble exactly? :rolleyes:

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, he would.
    You'd be surprised how much BS is posted on youtube videos just to generate views.
    And I think we dont need to tell you any more, you know the answer already.
    You're just grasping for straws of hope.

20. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I might end up buying a Sprint iPhone 4S soon and I hope that later on in the future we would be able the to fully unlock the GSM part for Domestic use. I would have chosen ATT's iPhone 4S but I would have to pay a 300$ deposit which is impossible as I dont have that amount to spare. =(

21. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yes Verizon will unlock it only for international use.