How likely new Pro's Monday (6/09)? Not the normal one of these, please read!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pilotkid, Jun 1, 2008.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

OK, so some of you may have seen my previous thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=487883)
    I'm now on my second Pro and have having the same problems as before, actually I think a little worse. I have sent a appointment with the Genius Bar tomorrow morning and have a decision to make. One, get a third Pro or just return it and get my money back and wait tell the next update. The thing is, I need a computer. I gave my Macbook to my mother and I cant say I want it back now,hahaha. I use my computer daily for catching up on news, and banking/investments...So really a week is the longest I can go without a computer. If I wait tell the next update I'm thinking I'll get the mid level macbook pro with the (hopefully) new iPhone...The other thing is I really really like the case that the current macbook pro is in, arent there rumors that new new design will be more curvy like the Air?:confused:

Ok, so after reading this I kinda feel like it is like the other "new macbook pros on monday?" thread, sorry if it feels like that to you as well! I'm just upset at the experience i've had with this, especially when were not talking about a cheap computer!
    Thank you all for reading and your support!
    ***Also, how likely is it that this is just a software problem? Is this something that can be fixed with a software update later on or is this really a video card problem that cant be fixed?***

Pilotkid:rolleyes:

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Mine does this, mostly while on battery power. Extremely annoying but I never did anything about it. Someday when I have time to be away from the computer I will.

Heres my thread:

I would hazard a guess that it is due to hardware problems re: the video card.

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Intel knew before last week that they were going to be late shipping the complete Montevina chipset and the new Penryn CPUs. As such, this may be why we have not heard anything more about new MBPs coming out at WWDC since the initial rumors hit in April.

Therefore, I believe it will not happen until late August / early September. As such, I bought a 15" MBP yesterday.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think you should open the box and check before you leave the store, so you don't end up with another messed up computer.

5. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

both your macbook pro replacements had that problem?

6. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's the problem with that, I only have these problems after my computer has been asleep and I have waken it. It doesn't happen after a restart, and when I say it only happens when I wake it up, I mean after like a good hour or so of being asleep.

7. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

YAY for the 3rd Macbook Pro...Got it about a hour and a half ago.
    Yep, thats right 3rd since May 20th:cool:

9. TraustiB macrumors member

Strange problem. Never seen that before. Hope your 3rd (!) MBP works better than the other 2.

I also believe there will not be a MBP update on monday at WWDC, perhaps the MacBook Air might get some changes, who knows. I bought my brand spanking new MBP 2.5ghz on monday at 30% discount at the local Best Buy, which was great.

I just hope they update the cinema displays.