Here's my situation. I got an iPhone 4S about a month after the model was released two years ago, and I switched to Verizon then. Now AT&T's service has gotten much better, and I can jump back in with my parents on a mobile share plan and everybody wins. I'm impatient, but I'm also practical. But I also have a 10/18 contract end date with Verizon. My new bill period starts in a couple of days, so I'll be on the last month on release day. I also have an extra 5 percent off at Target (in addition to the 5 percent I already get off with the credit card), which means I can save an extra $15 or so on a 32GB model before 10/4. RIDDLE ME THIS: It sounds like I'm going to have to wait until the middle of October to do this. I'll miss out on saving an extra $15, but at best I'll have to pay my $82 phone bill for whatever service I use between 9/18 and 10/18. If I jump on AT&T on 9/20, then my share of it all will be about $70, certainly more than the extra $15 I can save. So is my best path forward to wait until my contract is totally done with Verizon? If I cancel a day early, I'm assuming an ETF of about $120 awaits me ($350 - 23 months x $10/month = $120). I paid the ETF for AT&T a couple of years ago of about $80 because I needed service that worked. Everybody has gone way up on ETFs, and I haven't dealt with Verizon doing that, so I'd love some advice.