How long after the wwdc .....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justabrake, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justabrake macrumors member

How long after the WWDC event are the iphones ready to buy ? My expiration date for service is the 9/20th on my iphone 5

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

9/20. Based on past data, iPhones usually release the following week on a Friday.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

The WWDC was back in June. Perhaps you are thinking of the expected event in September?

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Wait.. why will your iPhone 5 "expire" on 9/20? It will keep working for a really long time after that. Do have a 1 year contract with your carrier that is going to expire on 9/20?

5. Motherload0211 macrumors member

Think OP meant that his contract ends on the 20th, but he still can go on month to month until the new phone is released....

6. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

No, what I meant was the phone will be 1 year old so the warranty will expire !

I was hopping to sell it after the new iphone 5s comes out so I could say in my auction the phone is still under warranty :D

7. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

But they would know it will expire soon since they should either know or you would give them the information.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I hope you get a smart buyer to discover that bull crap you're trying to pull.

9. Tree2u macrumors newbie

You can call Apple now and for $80 (don't quote me on the price) extend the warranty by 1 year.

10. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

I never bought a warranty ever ! I appreciate the thought but I'll be selling it in 2 weeks and $80 won't work for me ! it'll fetch what it gets on ebay,

I read this > "The WSJ is reporting that Apple has asked Hon Hai to ship both a high-end and low-end iPhone in early September."

http://www.iclarified.com/32968/wsj-apple-asks-hon-hai-to-ship-new-highend-and-lowend-iphones-in-early-september

I thought maybe EARLY ..........

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What the hell are you talking about? How is buying a phone that's out a warranty a "trick?"

You're getting awfully mad about something and I can't figure out what.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Not mad. Just irritated. OP asked when iPhone will come out so he can tell people that it's still under warranty when in fact it's under warranty for 1 day. And if you read earlier, he was hoping one of us macrumors suckers will fall for it.

13. PDFierro macrumors 68040

14. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

Listen and listen it's going to be announced the 10th if they release it on the 13th the warranty is good till the 20th So if I could post it to ebay with a 7 day warranty left it might draw a little more money knowing they could bring it to apple, sometimes companys have a grace period also !!!! I not looking to sell anything here OK ...... I wouldn't want to I sold to people on other sites and they always got what they paid for even when they alsways send money first I'm not a beat artist and don't need anyones money OK I'll post the ebay auction and you can follow what I'm selling if you like and read the feedback also ! Again I protect my apple ipad,iphone, with defender cases no scratches MINT Condition OK

15. HM Apple macrumors member

From all I've read 9/10 announcement means Friday 9/20 first available day at stores or Fed Ex & UPS to your send to location.

16. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

well if thats true and I bought mine on the first night it sold so that would make it 1 year to date this next phone comes out ! it must of been planned to the day
    So it probably will be selling the 20th

like I said my warranty is up the 20th 1 year to date

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.