How Long APPLE Can Stand Popular Like Now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Nov 10, 2011.

1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

i can't believe now everywhere people using iphone , in my company all worker using iphone , world of iphone ....

iphone too strong , will apple keep strong for the next 100 years ?

apple too smart , just siri feature could make people buying 100,000 phone a day .

i believe apple still have many many stuff cool not showing yet , they keep for next and next iphone in the future .....

2. zelaya macrumors 6502

I would say another 5 years. Steve Jobs had something under his wings before he pass away.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

102 more years before "the next big thing"
    Brought to you by the collective minds of Elvis & Steve

4. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

so without him apple will fail down ? wow

hope not , apple still have many helper background , they should have 1 good guy to continues company .....

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

For so long Apple has stand, I think nowadays we are on top of Apple's success period.

If they can keep innovating and launching products or software with great design and simplicity, I think they can keep pushing until 10 years. But you know how people get easily bored, want something new and all. People don't even like Facebook anymore because it's getting old and boring.

Once the hype cool off, Apple going to be a bit stagnant, status quo like Microsoft do right now. Hardly bad, but not as great as it used to be.
    Will another computer company do the same? or even come with better idea? We'll see.

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I have always been worried that without Jobs, Apple will no longer create things that are as refined as they have been.

For example, wasn't Jobs the one who stopped the production of a black Macbook because of finger oils? We won't have someone like that with us anymore to prevent less-than-outsanding products.

I will continue to support Apple as long as they keep their touch.

7. Almy macrumors 6502

Even with Steve Jobs Apple had already decided to take a niche approach with smart phones, like they did with computers in the 80's. I've said it before, Android is the future Windows of the mobile era and Apple is the future Apple of the mobile era. I prefer Apple mobile stuff, desktops though I still need more customization. There is room for both, as before.

8. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Yoda? :D

9. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

i cannot find other phone could beat iphone at this time ?
    we can imagine if we live without iphone that more bored than old iphone

so , if iphone making people bored , at least something better coming out ....

not everyone smart like apple , very hard to find new guy like steve creating new world mobile ...

if apple go down they not gotta close there company , at least they still selling there product ,people who love them still buy it ,......

10. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

not entirely sure what you are trying to say. but i think i agree with you.

11. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

To answer your question, no one knows. No one.

/thread

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's happened before, it will happen again. Apple (largely if not all credited to SJ) has literally changed the way the world interacts with portable music and smartphones. However, for flagship devices like these, there are still the Newton's, the Pippin's, and fruit iMacs. Is Apple a great company? sure. Would they have nearly the amount of success that they have without SJ running the show? Doubtful.

13. bp1000 macrumors 65816

The world is changing everyday

Your company could be the next apple in 20 years. Anyone can change the world at anytime.

There will be a time when Apple will fall from grace, things change, the world innovates, people leave.

But for now, Apple have tried to lock in their key people so providing they keep innovating you will see the latest developments in technology in your friends hands.

14. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Things can change almost overnight in this business.

Less than 10 years ago no one would have taken you seriously if you said that Apple would become the world's most successful mobile phone manufacturer. Windows Mobile just 5 years ago dominated the smartphone market.

The instant a tech company gets comfortable and slows down on the innovation is the instant it begins its downfall.

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

They key to Apple's success so far is that it has kept moving into new territory. It's not still making just Macs, or just iPods, and it didn't even stop with the iPhone. And it wasn't afraid to be all right with those other products outselling what was perceived as its "core" business.

This is different from other companies. Palm stayed Palm, and didn't branch out much beyond PDAs and smartphones, and took forever to even evolve its operating system. Microsoft tried branching out after it saw that Apple was successful, but by and large, those were just viewed as copycat side projects. And Google innovates slightly more, but has software engineers driving the design, not people who are attuned to how users will use their products. And so everything is beta for the longest time, and the whole "it just works" philosophy that people come to expect is thrown right out the window.

And Facebook is still Facebook. It hasn't changed all that much, except for a few user interface tweaks and policy changes that always seem to annoy its users.

As long as Apple keeps experimenting and branching out, then it should be fine for quite some time. And in any case, there's no need to go planning your exit from iOS and OS X anytime soon, if that's what you use to get things done.

In any case, let Apple worry about where its future is headed. If they lose their position at the top of the innovation food chain, it'll be because someone or something else has bested them. And THEN you can worry about e whether it's time to move to a new platform.

16. SomeonePlzHelp macrumors regular

Where the hell did you learn English? Your grammar and sentence structure is horrible.

17. Almy macrumors 6502

It's very obvious that English isn't the poster's primary language.

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

Nice going. Insulting a person's level of English without knowing if it's their first language. :eek: :rolleyes:

[/Sarcasm]