How long are most 'Limited Time" prices in the app store good for?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iphoneslutz, Jul 26, 2009.

1. iphoneslutz macrumors newbie

iphoneslutz

When developers state in their app description, "For a Limited Time", about how long is that? I know it's going to vary a little bit, but does anyone know what an approx. time usually is? Two weeks, two months? Once I buy an app at a special price, I rarely go back to find out what it jumped to or when it might have occurred.....Thanks in advance!:apple:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It all depends on the developer. They have full control over their pricing. You should email them and ask. :)

3. The General macrumors 601

They're good until the developer decides to raise the price back to normal. This is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

4. vettori macrumors 6502a

When I set a limited time price I usually keep it a week; It depends if the application is new or not.

For example my last app Italian Video Recipes has now a limited time price sale because it's new and I probably will keep it until a few reviews appear on iTunes.
    When I do that on older apps I usually keep it a week.
    Sometimes I also make a "one day free" but it's very rare.

5. iphoneslutz thread starter macrumors newbie

iphoneslutz

Thanks for the replies everyone - I figured as much, but wanted to get more developer/user input - much appreciated! I did ask a developer about it and instead of getting an answer back, I found it on the itunes app game page when the price will be going back up!! It was...refreshing! :)