How long before apps release iPhone 5 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaultwit macrumors regular

Several apps have already updated to support the bigger screen size, but many many apps haven't... And I feel like it may take a while. When the iPhone 4 came out, it took some devs a long time to release retina updates. Even now, I have one app that is still not retina (granted I almost never use that app). So how long do you anticipate it will take for the majority of apps to update to support the larger display?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There is no way to determine that. Each app is done by a different person or company. Each have their own priorities, technical limitations and time constraints, among other things. Some apps may never be updated for retina or iPhone 5.

If you have an app that you want to see an update for, you should contact the developers/company that created it.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What did the developers say when you emailed them?

5. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

6. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

They already have...There's one now! Look, quick!! Ahhh see..you're too slow.

7. Mengels7 macrumors regular

Damn you, that was gonna be my ******* post. *sigh*

8. richpuer macrumors 6502

i thought they said it was 3:35 pacific time

9. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Honestly, you realize that Apps aren't updated by any one company right? Apple isn't retrofitting the apps for developers. You get that right? To ask when ALL apps will be updated, the real answer is NEVER. There will be apps that never get updated since they have been all but abandoned by the developer. Most of my daily use apps have already been updated. Games will take more time, but again they may not even be updated. If there is an app you need/want updated, email the developer. Frankly you didn't even tell us what apps you are specifically using that need updating so we can't even help you if we knew!

10. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

Not everything apple related happens at 10pm your time :) so no time conversion needed.

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

It starts at 3:30 finishes at 3:35

12. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

About two hours ago! ABC updated theirs! :D LOL!

13. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

14. JCfromTB macrumors member

She responded, "Really?"

15. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh seriously? I was not asking literally what time on what day all apps will magically change. Come on guys, I know y'all are better than that. I meant what general timeframe do you expect most apps to get updated, probably based on how fast or slow you think devs updated the retina display. You think in about a month most apps will be updated? 2 months? You think maybe even after Christmas, a lot of apps will still not be updated? Of course there's no way to know, I'm just asking for your opinion. Your guess.

16. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Honestly, free opinions are worth what you paid for them. :rolleyes:

17. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Once again, I do not even know how to guess on this. If I really have to guess, then, it might be longer than 3G/S to 4 transition. Between 3G/S and 4, it was just a matter of doubling the resolution of graphics. Now, with 5, you have a completely new dimension to worry about. More fragmentation = more time. For apps like Facebook, it was just easy because you are basically increasing the size of the container (main window) and splash screen. For apps that contain heavy graphics, it will be a while. It all depends on the developer.

18. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.