How long did Preorders last for the Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneguy20, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Iphoneguy20 macrumors member

I am curious to know how long preorders lasted for the last iphone to have preordering as a option, which was the Iphone 5 if im not mistaking. Was it only a couple of hours or most of the day?

2. dagored macrumors 65816

It never ends. Apple just keeps pushing back the shipping date.

Once it's past the 19th, you might be better off going to an Apple store or phone store.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Assuming you want pre-ordering and get on release day. I want to say the 5 lasted a couple of hours tops to still get delivered on release day.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

If I remember correctly, by the next morning the ship dates were already past launch day. I'd advise getting online 12am PST.

5. conan-kun macrumors regular

6. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I'm going to assume the 5.5s will go a lot faster than the 4.7s. This will likely help out the process, with there being more choices this time around it's likely to assume that the pre-order window for release dates will be a bit wider.

That being said, I wouldn't count on them to last too long, a few hours at most.

7. itjw macrumors 65816

since literally EVERYONE seems to be going for the "plus" model (I like it too, but it seems like a behemoth, so I'm really conflicted and will get the 4.7 to start and then see...) if THAT'S what you are after, then ya, 1200 SHARP.

I expect we'll start hearing about "supply constraints" for the 5.5 model any time now. Because it almost had zero leaks, methinks it was "fully baked" much later in the process, and there is more demand, with less OF them to pre-order.

The 5 sold out in a matter of about 30 minutes (for release day).

My prediction:

4.7: 12 Hours
    5.5: 30 Minutes

For launch day delivery of course.

8. Iphoneguy20 thread starter macrumors member

Ok guys thanks for the info. I will definitely be on at 3am EST. Hope the first batch comes in good condition with no defects.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sprint's website got crushed in 2012 and folded like a cheap suit at 12am. I headed over to Apple.com and Apple didn't have anything going until about 12:10 or 12:20. Site kept saying it was closed.

Got my purchase in by 12:31 am with a delivery date for launch day (Sept. 21). 12:30 is when the shipping dates started to slip.

Sprint's website was still down after 12:30am. The laughable thing was that preorders from Sprint with launch day delivery were still available one to two days after preorders opened.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1440778&highlight=iphone+5+preorder&page=4

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1440890&highlight=iphone+5+preorder

10. stiloverx macrumors regular

Im going to pre order the iphone 6 64gb in black on release day. Im thinking on being awake at around 2:50AM EST so i can pre order the phone at 3:00AM EST (12:00AM Calif time). Im really hoping for my phone to be delivered on friday 9/19 to my job (since if the phone gets pushed back on delivered i might not get the phone until the following monday since i don't go to the office on friday)

Any thoughts?

11. Iphoneguy20 thread starter macrumors member

I just hope the apple store won't be really sluggish or crashes. I'm Going to try the app first and if it doesn't work I guess I'll have to try the website