How long do I have to return a 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emb531, Nov 5, 2011.

1. emb531 macrumors member

Had it for exactly 2 weeks today, was trying to give the battery a bit to break in, but it still sucks. Looses ~%35 percent over night not being on a charger, just sitting there on standby. Want to exchange it for a new one.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Apple store will run diagnostics on it and if a problem they'll replace with a black box phone. Some say "refurbs" but I'm sure glad I exchanged, this battery lasts twice as long.

If you take it back to cell phone provided they will most likely charge a $35. restocking fee. And you have a time limit. Don't know really but anywhere from 15 to 30 days.

Don't know where you live but I always found it easier to drive the extra 40 miles to the apple store then mess with at&t.

3. jekyoo macrumors 6502

It depends on where you bought it from. If you bought it from apple.com or their retail store, you have 30 days to return it.

If you bought it from your carrier, it varies. I believe AT&T is 30 days and for Verizon/Sprint, it's a 14 day return policy.

4. cababah macrumors 68000

I'll take a perfectly functional refurbished unit over a "new" unit any day.

5. jekyoo macrumors 6502

It's all about semantics, everyone is different. For a lot of people (including me), if your phone is defective out of the box, you want a new retail replacement... not a phone made specifically for being a replacement.

Maybe if you had the phone for a couple of months, getting a refurbished unit is fine. I think if your phone is still in the return policy window, you deserve a retail unit.

6. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

why's that?

----------

yea att is 30 days

7. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

There are no refurbs for the 4s yet. You'll receive a brand new unit, just not in a retail box.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

i meant a somewhat defective "new" unit. it just seems that the 4S has a lot of QC issues and at least a refurb will be looked at and tested more thoroughly.

i am on my 5th iPhone 4S and will be getting this one replaced today again for the vibration buzzing sound.

9. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Anyone know if Best Buy Rewardzone Silver members get 45 days to return these?

10. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

thats what i thought you would say :)
    damn FIFTH??

11. cababah macrumors 68000

yes, and i just came back from 2 apple stores.

first apple store:

potential replacement 1 - even louder buzzing sound on vibrate
    potential replacement 2 - genius can't even get it to turn on, DOA

second apple store:

potential replacement 1 - no buzzing sound! YAY, but wait, there is a piss yellow screen. god damnit!
    potential replacement 2 - very subtle buzzing sound, okay, i can deal with this, the screen is in between yellow and blue, okay, so far so good..home button has no "click" very mushy and not confidence-inspiring. obviously the genius is done giving me replacements and i decide to keep my buzzy original.

a yellow screen and mushy home button would irk me more than the vibration buzz sound (which i can simply just turn off) the other two flaws..not so much.

to be continued...

12. gloryunited macrumors 6502

Very poor QC, or you've got some real bad luck.

13. cababah macrumors 68000

i'd say poor QC based on a lot of other user experiences on here. i wonder what forrest gump would have to say about the iPhone 4S?

[​IMG]

14. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

or what would siri say? LOL

----------

OMG.. yur like me tho,. gotta have the click for the home button LOL.. man i thought i had bad tech karma..

15. gloryunited macrumors 6502

can't view the picture, but I'm assuming "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." :p

They definitely need better QC, not everyone can visit an Apple Store and exchange 5 times.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You have 30 days for the AT&T and Verizon iPhones, but only 14 days for the Sprint iPhone.

That's what I was told anyways.