How long do you think this will stay up????

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Check out this site. http://www.osxp.net

It probably will not be up long, but at least they make Windows look yummy. :)

Read their disclaimer. I personally agree with them. If someone runs these skins, and then sees an OS X Machine in person, it could prompt them to buy a Mac for the actual feel of the system. What do you guys think?

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Looks interesting... for me, though, all it would do is increase my frustration with Windows.. making it look like a Mac without being able to make it act like a Mac kinda misses the point... but for PC users it's certainly an improvement.

Comment

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Sweet.

I'm going to try to Aquify my computer at work.

I need a daily dose of Aqua. Working with Windows is just too frustrating.

Matthew

Comment

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
theres a hole lot of files

i noticed that theres a hole lot of files to download but im downloading em all while i can. So if anyone wants em once there gone u can im or e-mail me (there in my profile here).

Comment

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
I think that stuff like that may actually bring people over from the dark side. Plus like mrtrumbe said, you have to aquafy windows while at work :)

The way I did was talk my boss into killing the Win2000 box I was using, and get me an iBook.

I use VPC for all of the windows stuff, and the terminal to get to the Unix mail server we use, and the Mac for all of the Mac stuff. Ain't life grand.

Comment

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I think they have OS X envy...

oh wait...I'm supposed to express an indifferent opinion...

seems like they have OS X envy...he he he :p

Comment

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
This really shows that Apple just has the touch of design

The software they distribute (not always create) not only looks good, but always is usable

Even copy cats can't emulate the same method... I can't believe Apple just keeps on doing it over and over again

It's a shame people are trying to make xp look like x--they aren't doing a good enough job to earn my respect :mad:

Comment

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
XP already does look familiar doesn't it?! :rolleyes:

like I've said in the past...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Comment

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by eyelikeart
XP already does look familiar doesn't it?! :rolleyes:

like I've said in the past...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
but only when done right...

Comment

Deggy

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2002
OSXP.net

The site has been up now for over 4 months, its original name was urbanslurp.com.

Since I got into skinning my PC, I bought a mac at christmas and hardly use a pc at all now, and i have had mails from 40+ visitors who have all bought macs as a result of my site.

Wouldn't mind some commission from Apple :)

Comment

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: OSXP.net

In our opinion, what we are doing here is similar to a person who does a replica of a Mona Lisa. We are offering the ability to make your Windows user interface look like a Mona Lisa, but free of charge. It isn't the Mona Lisa and doesn't feel like the Mona Lisa, it just looks like the Mona Lisa.
That's straight from their contact page. It's creative, but unfortunately it doesn't hold up legally! The Mona Lisa is hundreds of years old and existed before there were copyrights, so there's no one to enforce it. However, a GUI that is only a couple years old is a totally different story. I'm surprised Apple Legal hasn't jumped on them by now.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.