How long does it take for Iphones price to go down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Jan 26, 2012.

1. super michael macrumors regular

I never owned a Iphone before, I know most technology when it becomes 1 year old the price goes down. I was wondering how long would it take for the Iphone 4s to get lower the price?

2. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

3. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

I would to know for pay as you go, I normally buy my mobile phone in UK like the carphone warehouse when we go to UK on holiday.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Most phone hardware drop very quickly but Apple does not discount for a long time. Even old 3GS device demand some serious bucks for their age.

If you are waiting for the 4S to drop. it would likely be when the 5 is officially announced with a delivery date.:)

5. wpotere Guest

From what we have seen, the price will drop when a new model comes out. Otherwise it stays where it is at.

6. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

So the Iphone 4s price will come down when the Iphone 5 comes out. I was wondering did the Iphone 4 price go down when the Iphone 4s came out?

----------

One thing important, is it possible to turn of 3G on the Iphone 4 or 4S? The thing is in Gibraltar using 3G is so overcharge I never use 3G.

7. wpotere Guest

Yes, they lowered the price. Could vary from country to country but here in the USA it was lowered.

8. Lugnutz macrumors member

I just purchased a 4 on eBay and they were running around 200 less than the 4s. I couldn't justify paying 200 more so i settled for the 4 and am glad I did.

9. BiggAW macrumors 68020

A while. The used prices drop right after the next model come out because the market gets flooded, and then they rebound a little bit when the flood of them slows down. iPhones hold value better than about anything else. A 2.5-year-old iPhone 3GS is around $150, a 1.5-year-old Samsung Captivate is less.

10. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

As far as new ones are concerned, the price will drop when the next iPhone is introduced. Generally, the current iPhone gets bumped down to a lower price point when the new one comes out.

11. iTattoo macrumors regular

iTattoo

Yes, there's a setting for that too.

12. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I still see people asking $575 on Craigslist for a ip4. That speaks for apples quality, but it speaks volumes for what people actually think about their iPhones.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

When the next generation iphone comes out but then it would probably come out only in 8 GB model

14. hurricanes305 macrumors newbie

i would say once the ip5 comes out. everyone will be dumping their 4s's and the supply will exceed the demand causing the price to drop.

15. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Resale value goes down as it gets closer to the release of the next iPhone. So say the cycle now is October release date for the iPhones, prices will go down late August - September.

Of course, it depends on the condition of the device. If you've kept it mint you'll get a great price. If its full of scratches you can expect a low resale value.

16. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Yah, that's just like those idiots with craigslist postings "I bought this big bulky projection HDTV new for $5000 in 2002. Have it yours for only $2500 now! What a deal!"