How long does it take for your MacBook to recover from a water spill?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pinkinthecity, Oct 21, 2008.

1. pinkinthecity macrumors newbie

So, I spilled half a bottle of water on my MacBook last week. I fulfilled the usual procedure of drying it and making certain the computer's internal is dried up before I turned the computer back on. Luckily, the computer is still operational. Should my computer die in the future because of hardware failure, etc., is my AppleCare warranty void since there had been water contact in the past? The only reason I am asking this is because I read another thread here where Apple refused the warranty because the OP's computer had water contact and it showed rusting in the past. Also, since it is only Day Two, would it be perhaps possible that while it is operational now, it might not be later on because I seriously spilled half a bottle of water, and some water seeped through the backing and CD drive? I just do not want to be too hopeful right now since my MacBook appears to be turning on and booting up as it should.

Any help is appreciated.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Basically your warranty is void: it protects against manufacturing defects. Any issues from here on in are more likely to be caused by you giving it swimming lessons so Apple will probably refuse any claim.

Learn to be more careful

3. California macrumors 68040

California

I bet your macbook runs fine from now on. Just don't buy applecare for it because they will refuse any claim once they look inside and see the liquid stains.

Because you dried it out, in other words, I will bet it lasts a long long time.