How long for custom MBP 13" to ship with 2-3 day shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jdong217, Aug 29, 2012.

1. jdong217, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

jdong217 macrumors newbie

Placed my order early Monday evening and did 2-3 day shipping at checkout (fastest option :/)

It's still processing (I'm assuming they're still making it) and the delivery estimate gives Aug 31 - Sept 5 to my house (Houston, TX). I got a free gift card through this order and it shipped via FedEx, so can I assume they would deliver the MBP on Saturday if that's the day it's meant to arrive?

I've heard some people on here say that it arrives much faster if you get it shipped to a store - any truth to this? It's a replacement laptop for school and I need it ASAP for classes and programming so if there's a possibility it will get here sooner I'll call and see if they can change the shipment before it's shipped.

Also, I just spoke with Apple and they said they can't upgrade the shipping to overnight for me even though they would've done it free of charge if the option was available. Could've sworn that was an option in the past even for custom configurations though

Holding out hope that I get it on Friday or Saturday

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

2-3 days.

:confused:

3. jdong217 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I meant from the time of placing the order till receiving it in the mail. Sorry, the thread title was chosen poorly. I guess I was mostly asking how long it would take them to assemble the thing since it's custom and coming from overseas

Seems I got my answer though. I placed the order Monday evening and it seems like it's been assembled already and preparing to ship from Shanghai soon :)

4. Eahdawn macrumors member

What config did you order? I want to get the 13" i7/8GB RAM/SSD config, I'll be using it for programming. Is the screen big enough? What is your experience so far?

5. FroColin macrumors regular

Strange to have sure a big window. I ordered a rMBP sunday afternoon, custom configuration, 2-3 day shipping, and they are estimating September 4th - 6th which is a small window and I feel like it's wrong, they said 2-4 days until it ships and then 2-3 days before it comes, even with the longest of those, lets say it takes 4 days, and then 3 days to get here, that's still a week and the 4th is a tuesday so I'm a bit confused too. Oh and for your next question, no it hasn't shipped yet, believe me, this is driving me crazy though I don't NEED it for anything urgent, I'm terrible at waiting.

Somewhere it should tell you how long it's supposed to take to configure. Also, as for shipping to the store, I asked a guy at an Apple store near me (in seattle) and he said that it's actually probably faster to have it shipped to your home.

6. jdong217 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the order finally shipped and I'm a bit surprised that it's going to take so long to get here. 2-3 day shipping and it won't get here till Sept. 6th. Most people on here seem to have gotten it in 2 days after it shipped from China.

I did get a refund for the expedited shipping though but wow, a little bit ticked now. My fault for not ordering sooner but I'd have thought expedited shipping would have at least gotten it here by the end of the weekend...

7. FroColin macrumors regular

Same! Ugh. FedEx says the 6th for me too. I mean... I understand the 4th but not the 6th. That's absurd. Wait... I don't think I got a refund.

8. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

If you contact apple they will refund for the shipping

9. jdong217 thread starter macrumors newbie

So actually the tracking information says that the package arrived in the U.S. early this morning and is already in my city. I called FedEx to see what was going on and they said that it could come today but sometimes they let it sit if it's not supposed to be delivered until a later date.

crossing my fingers now since FedEx has always been really great about service where I live, but it'll be such a bummer if it's just sitting there and I can't get it over the long weekend

10. FroColin macrumors regular

Wait I could be wrong, it says the 6th but it got to Seattle this morning.... I'm thinking that maybe it could come like this weekend or something. I mean... They got it from china to Seattle in like 24 hours. Surely they can get it from Seattle , 8 miles to my house??

11. jdong217 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just received it this morning! Kudos Apple and FedEx

12. RAWphenom macrumors member

Mine gt shipped from Shanghai around 11pm Tuesday night and was delivered Thursday morning around 11am. I was very impressed with Apple/FedEx.

13. ChEmNeRd23 macrumors newbie

I just bought the exact config as the OP haha I went with the free shipping and it should be here by the 11th and the Apple rep. said it would probably arrive sooner (not sure tho with the holiday weekend). Time to give the wife the MBA for my new MBP :-D