How long has it taken for you to get out of preparing to ship?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by appleaddict97, Mar 9, 2012.

1. appleaddict97 macrumors newbie

I have been stuck at preparing to ship for more than a day. I know that it will arrive on the 16th, but it would be nice to know. :D

2. scriptlol macrumors member

Sometime between when I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning. I ordered shortly after the store came back up for the second time on announcement day.

3. Holoshed macrumors regular

Mine went to preparing to ship yesterday night and it literally 6 minutes ago went to shipped.

4. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

Mine went from 'Processing Items' to 'Preparing for Shipment' sometime today while I was at work.

I called my bank today and had then annotate in my account that I did authorize the $780 for Apple Online Sales. No way do I want to risk a kick back from my bank on such a large online draft to cause Apple to cancel my order. I recall last year several people had their orders canceled when it turned out to be because their bank/CC put a security hold on their account.

5. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

It's coming on the 16th, so I don't even look at the order status.

6. rworne macrumors 6502

Based on my past orders for launch items - it may depend on where you live.

I'm in Los Angeles and on several occasions I've watched people who order way later than me actually get it on a plane and into Alaska while mine is still "preparing for shipment" for days on end. For me, they usually ship 36 or so hours before the scheduled delivery time and always seem to make it here when it is supposed to.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Me either. You are just torturing yourself. Some are here in the USA already and others are on the other side of the world.

Relax!

8. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

I think it would be worse to know it's physically close. I checked my status after reading this thread, and it's still preparing to ship. And I don't care.

9. MS2083 macrumors regular

what time and day did you place your order? I placed mine's right before 2pm on March 7th and its still showing "Preparing for Shipment".

10. Holoshed macrumors regular

Placed it around 3 something, got confirmation "Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM."

I ordered the 16gig white wifi.

11. ARH1956, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

ARH1956 macrumors 6502

I ordered an engraved 64 GB AT&T model. It shipped on the 9th, went from China to Shenzhen, China to Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong to Anchorage, AK & arrived in Louisville, KY just after midnight Saturday morning the 10th.

12. maclook macrumors 65816

I ordered mine at 1pm PST after the keynote. Mine's still stuck on preparing for shipment.

Who cares though? Are you guys actually worried about not getting it?

13. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No time at all... I haven't made it to "preparing to ship" yet.

14. rworne macrumors 6502

Well, mine just shipped. It's already sitting in Ontario, CA about 2 hour's drive from here.

It's on a delivery hold status until the 16th.

So at least for people in Los Angeles and nearby, they are already in the US.

15. edlsen macrumors newbie

Mine's sitting in Nashville which is usually only a day or two away from me, but it has that awful message about requesting future delivery.

Do you think it will stay in Nashville or will it go to the local hub and sit? I know a driver at the local one that might be able to help me out.

16. Gorion macrumors member

Funny you mention the security hold on the account. Mine actually got the security hold on my account on the 7th after I pre ordered the iPad. I did however call my bank to remove the hold. Since then, it moved from Processing items to preparing to ship. I would assume if there was a problem with the money, it wouldn't have gone to preparing to ship. Mines still stuck there.. lol

17. efyou macrumors regular

The future delivery request thing is so you don't get it early. They don't want people getting it early. It'll probably sit in Nashville for a few days then ship to your hub Thursday.

18. iCarabma macrumors 6502

My was preparing to ship for more than 3 days. Finally "shipped" today, and it's PA already. It was clearly already stateside.

And yes, mine is marked future delivery as well. I bet due to the overwhelming numbers involved some slip through a day early, but I wouldn't count on it.

19. appleaddict97 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in Portland, and it has been three days now that my iPad has been stuck in waiting to ship purgatory.
    I know it will get here on time but I would love to be able to hit refresh every five minutes on UPS tracking. ;)

20. Richard A macrumors member

My was stuck in "preparing to ship" from Thursday night to 2:40 pacific time today. Now showing shipped and in Ontario, CA for shipment to the SF area

21. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Mine's also still Preparing for Shipment even though I ordered an hour or so after the announcement. It's been in Preparing for Shipment for 3 days now. I'm not worried though, I know it'll show up on Friday.

Only thing I'd be bummed about is if it manages to ship on Thursday and I'm at work :)

22. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I am wondering if this depends on the model ordered? Hubby ordered the black, 64G, AT&T device. I ordered the same, but in white. His shows as shipped, mine is still at "preparing to ship".:eek: orders were placed within 2 hours of the Keynote.

23. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i'm stuck on prepared to ship for bout 2 days now hopefully i'll get an email by tonight or tomorrow for sure.

24. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

25. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I have been in "processing" since Thursday afternoon.