Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How long have you been waiting for the new iMac?

• 1 month

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 2 months

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 3 months

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • 4 months

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 5 months

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • 7 months

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • 8 months

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • 9 months

• 10 months

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 11 months

• 1 year!

• More than a year!!

• Not waiting...

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Been waiting for a new computer for a little over a year but decided I wanted to wait for the new iMac 6 months ago.

evangw

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Also since April, when the first rumors of the new iMacs were coming around. Going crazy on an old Core2Duo iMac...

nicodp

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Belgium
Waiting for over more then a year already on a new iMac line.
Current iMac is still a PowerPC G5 one from late 2006 with OS X 10.4 :rolleyes:
Still a stable system but losing all functionalities due out-of-support software, lack of plugins, it's getting veeeeeeeeery slow now + I have 2 vertical purple bright defect pixellines in the middle of my screen.
It's reduced to an iTunes music center in my home now...

Last year having explored lots of other operating systems alike Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Fedora & my applications (TomTom, extensive Garmin topo editing for bikeriding, photography, astronomy) but none found that suits my needs (besides Windooz)...

Waiting desperately for the new iMac line (but might eventually fall for Mac Mini or the windows boxes finally :eek:)

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
My AmigaOne (!!!!!) died 14 months ago. It was my main machine. ;)
I've been using an old laptop since then, first undecided where to go, but then waiting for the new iMac.
It's been very frustrating...

matthewr

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2004
Since February

Been waiting since February, but I feel like the new OS really slowed down my 2008 Aluminum MacBook (it is quite slow now with all but the most basic tasks, despite having 4GB of ram), so it is only in the last few months that I've gone from "it would be nice to upgrade" to "I can barely wait to upgrade"! :D

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
i do confess...i beg the god sake pardon..
from the first quad core Imac...
obviously i didn't need it really till now.

seniorchang

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
I'm still on a core2duo, my hard drive recently died so I have to run my mac with an external one. I don't want to spend any money on this old machine, so I'm waiting.

KimJongEun

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Hey guys, first post but long time reader.

I thought about getting an iMac back in November 2011 but waited a little to hear if a new one was upcoming.

I couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on a high-end 27" model in February 2012. I was really worried about a new model coming in March or April but seeing as one still hasn't shown up, I'm glad with my decision :)

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
I can answer this poll in numerous ways:
- In ~Feb 2011 I had the funds for a new iMac. When the 2011 model came out in May, I made the conscious decision that I don't really need to upgrade just yet, and can wait. Got the wife a new gaming PC instead.
- In ~Feb 2012, I had the funds for a new iMac again.
- However, I had no realistic expectation it would be available until at least May

I'm counting from Feb 2012, as that's the moment I started waiting with funds in hand.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
I decided to get an iMac in September 2011, but had a small (and expensive) car accident which made me postpone the decision to early 2012 : at that time Ivy Bridge was already a hot subject (it was due in March), so I decided to wait a bit more ... then April came without an iMac, then June, then July, then September ... and we're 20 days away from the end of October ! :mad: :(

gielie

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Amsterdam
I sold my mac pro 2008 in June with the assumption the new iMac would come soon, my mistake.
I dont believe there is coming one this year and in the end of October i will build my own windows 8 machine.
unfortunately bye bye Apple:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.