How long should supplies of $200 refurbs last?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luminosity, Jul 23, 2008.

1. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

Based on what I've seen, they've been around at $200 (8 GB) for a week now. Anyone have any educated guesses as to how much longer it will last at that price?

2. Mr.Jones macrumors newbie

My guess is that they'll be around at the price until about September because that's when the iPods are usually updated and many people are speculating a price cut on the Touch at the very least.

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i would actually bet not very long, and they will return to their 230 and 330 pricepoints. look at the 32GB, it is still at 430.

also apple has them marked at special pricing or something..

4. JAT macrumors 603

September, but for a different reason. I'd guess this is a back-to-school special.

5. archi17 macrumors regular

hmmm. This may be a permanent thing, or could be limited time and they might change it back soon. Who Knows?

6. apple. macrumors member

7. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

Talking to an Apple Representative in the 'Chat Now' section of Apple.com I came across the person telling me that they will be gone when they sell out. Sell out? Uhm? Is this hinting to something soon?

I really do not trust him seeing as it is the same idiot who said if I order my touch Friday it will not ship until Monday and it will take 5 days after Monday. Well, ends up shipping Saturday and only taking 2 days. Bad part is I was on vacation and they already came by twice and the third time will he today and I will be home which is good.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

??? Why 17 days?

9. Streamer macrumors member

Just ordered mine, looking forward to it. Saves me behaving like a lemming in a line at an Apple Store when I already have 2 phones (work and home on Verizon)!

10. civilizedrat macrumors regular

Because 15 days would have been a guess, while 17 days is an educated one.;)

11. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I questioned myself for a week, then went for it.

12. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

I put in a buy for 16GB refurb Touch just yesterday. I was juggling Amazon w/o software upgrade prices vs. refurb Apple prices. So 300 vs 370... free shipping... tax/no tax....

I think I made the right decision.