How long to reconnect to wifi after waking up from sleep?

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
On my vista laptop if I sleep or hybrid sleep it, I usually have to wait ages manually searching for reconnecting to my home saved wifi after waking it up. Sometimes its easier to reboot...

How long does it take your MB to reconnect wifi after sleep?

Cheers

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Sounds great, ta guys.

Just need them to ruddy release the new MB and will be v happy.

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
It depends on the router.

We had a Netgear G router, and my wife's MacBook would never reconnect after waking. She had to manually reconnect. It wasn't the Mac since my work Dell laptop wouldn't connect automatically either.

We switched to the new Airport Extreme and both reconnect instantly on waking.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
My MacBook has this habit of losing whatever network I was on before I put it to sleep every few times it goes into sleep.

The only way to get it to connect is to turn AirPort off and then back on again.

Oddly, this happens on two different Netgear routers and a Linksys one too.

shizzlegtx

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
Orlando, FL
On my vista laptop if I sleep or hybrid sleep it, I usually have to wait ages manually searching for reconnecting to my home saved wifi after waking it up. Sometimes its easier to reboot...

How long does it take your MB to reconnect wifi after sleep?

Cheers
What kind on Laptop do you have that takes ages to connect to wifi? my Vista Laptop reconnects to my wifi as fast as my macbook.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
What kind on Laptop do you have that takes ages to connect to wifi? my Vista Laptop reconnects to my wifi as fast as my macbook.
It's a dell inspiron 1525. I am connecting to a hidden work wifi. I wonder if it's that although my iPhone is pretty quick to connect to it as soon as I switch the router on.

Don't know much about airport will look into it.

Cheers