How long until in-store exchange runs out?

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I have decided to exchange my reserved ip5 black that I received this morning.
It has scrapes on the side and although everything else is okay, I am not happy with what I've paid for.
I would like to hold onto this until a new batch comes in but how long can I hold onto this phone?

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I know but I don't want to refund this phone as it's the only phone I have but I don't want to go in October and find that my in-store exchange as expired.

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
If u call Apple or arrange a genius appointment and tell them the issues they will make a record of this.....so, when u go back in October for an exchange they will have some evidence you contacted them before...this should secure you for an exchange when the demand has died down a bit.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
If u call Apple or arrange a genius appointment and tell them the issues they will make a record of this.....so, when u go back in October for an exchange they will have some evidence you contacted them before...this should secure you for an exchange when the demand has died down a bit.
This is probably the best bet. Make an appointment, if they do not have stock....they will probably let you keep your phone until they get stock to replace it.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
I was advised by the Apple Store that if I wanted to swap out my phone I could try reserving one online, and if I'm successful then doing a return should be no problem.
I was told the same thing. Unfortunately, you can't reserve a phone on your cellular account if you just purchased one on that line so that makes it impossible.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
I was told the same thing. Unfortunately, you can't reserve a phone on your cellular account if you just purchased one on that line so that makes it impossible.
Ah, apologies, I'm talking sim-free.