How long until we see 6 Plus available in stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Oct 7, 2014.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Do you guys know when we can expect to see the 6 Plus readily in stock in Apple stores?

2. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Definitely not until atleast November, but then there's Christmas so not until next year I think.

4. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

The operative phrase is "readily".

I got one in an Apple store last week, a 6+ 64GB SG on VZW. It was just out-of-this-world luck for that to happen. It wasn't just a walk-in sale, though. I'd been grazing through the online inventories at nearby stores, and had never seen one like this, for days and days across the entire country. Then, this one popped up. It was all about timing. That's the only way to get them now, at least in my area in the Northeast. Every time a store actually gets one in, someone sees it online and scoops it up, like I did. These phones are incredibly rare. Some are around, like silver 128GB, and there are more 16GB models than any other. But even those get taken very quickly by inventory watchers.

Then, there's the Christmas rush coming up, too. Whatever miniscule supply of these phones exists will be depleted immediately by that.

I think people saying that the Pluses won't be in stores in any real volume until well after the holidays are right. Apple could well be in danger of missing that opportunity, too. And given the sloppyness and issues they had during the pre-order period and launch, I could well believe Apple would screw up the holiday sales period, too.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's depressing. Apple stores get them in from time to time, but I don't think carriers do.

6. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I think shortly after Christmas. The luck of finding them online will get easier to probably by mid to late November. I think the masses have already placed their orders and are trying to find that gold nugget before the shipment of their orders.

7. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

It's the same thing every year. Usually by the end of October they're easily had.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nobody (who posts here) knows anything, all you're going to see here is pure speculation spiced with a smattering of "what's happened before"... Perhaps availability will be better in late October, maybe late November, maybe holiday shopping will have an impact, lots of variables in play.

9. GrecoISU macrumors member

Should I just bite the bullet and order one? I've been trying to hold off thinking I'd finally see one show up at Best Buy or Radioshack...

10. shr631 macrumors member

More easily available probably around the end of October, readily available sometime in Nov. Just my 2¢, but my experience has been different compared with others here — had a pretty easy time getting my 6/16GB on 9/19 (in NYC) upgrading it to a 6/64GB that same day (in suburbs visiting my ppl) then exchanging for the 6+/64GB last Saturday (happened to be in Dallas). I watched inventory and was able to head to a store quickly.

11. 3gbuff macrumors member

"readily available" sometime after China gets their orders so Feb March

12. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

Never hurts. Get in the order queue now. You can always cancel that if you happen to see one in a store or online that you can get.

13. GrecoISU macrumors member

So they don't charge until order is fulfilled? Just don't want to end up with a problem in my two year agreement.

14. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

If you order it now, it'll come gift wrapped just in time for Christmas.

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Hopefully, there's a delay to reinforce this whole bend-gate.

16. GrecoISU macrumors member

I've wondered about that as a potential reason for not being in stores. But, I think about International release and that's more than likely the problem.

17. Starrbuck macrumors regular

November at the earliest. My wife's contract is up on December 10th, so I'm hoping more are available by then so I can buy her one for Christmas.

18. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

If you can't get the plus i would seriously look at the note 4, it's a serious capable device. I switch manufacturers every upgrade cycle and my note 2 still has a better screen than my 6 plus

19. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

I would think that a lot of it would depend on whether Apple is able to shift production from the 6 to the +. Earlier it was said that production capacity for the 6 was around 400,000/day while the plus was down around 140,000. If those numbers hold true, then between now and Feb 1, Apple could produce around 16 million 6+ phones at the current rate. Given all the different carriers and the releases in so many other countries, I would think that it could indicate a continued constraint for some time unless they can shift more production from the 6 facilities to 6+.

20. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Here in Italy it will probably not be available for "EASY" in store purchase until Christmas has passed ... but if you're a lucky man, who knows ...

21. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Probably until the iPhone 6S/6S Plus comes out.

Joking aside, I think from what I recall, after launch day (9/19), Apple Retail store at my area got some 6 Plus in stock (9/29), now that it is out of stock, I take it that they won't get another shipment for another 10 days.

22. onlineaddy macrumors member

Looks like the supply ratio is indeed shifting towards more Pluses. However, its effect on retail channels will not be felt for a while. :(

Source: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20141007PD203.html

23. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

24. JeremyE macrumors regular

If this was the case then their factories would of had to blow up.

25. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Couldn't you order one and then just cancel the order if you find one locally?

I guess if you're using an upgrade there may be issues with that.