How long will Apple hold a reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lbhskier37, Nov 1, 2012.

1. lbhskier37 macrumors member

I'm trying to get a white 16GB iphone 5 and was going to attempt a reservation tonight. The nearest Apple store to me is an hour and a half drive. I don't think I could get down there until Saturday. If I get one tonight will they hold it until Saturday? Or do I have to try the reservation on Friday?

2. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

At least 10 days. They'll send you a second notification 6 days after your reservation and give you a cut off date. If you need more time after that date they'll tell you to call them

3. lbhskier37 thread starter macrumors member

Nice! I lucked out yesterday and called Target 5 minutes after they got 75x 32GB blacks in their warehouse, now I just gotta find a 16GB white for the wife. If I get lucky tonight or tomorrow I'll be done with this pain in the butt find-the-iphone game I've been on for the past month.

4. tymaster50, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

The Target near you got 75 iPhone 5's? Holy **** I searched like every target around me on release day and surprisingly none of them even had the phone. And depends on if you do the online reservation. If you do pick-up they give you until like 10pm the next day or something then they refund your money and tell you basically "you took too long so we gave it away probably"
    Wow, all of these stores having the iPhone 5 now. I could have saved the switch to Verizon and stuck with unlimited AT&T :( and it's too late to return it, I got the phone swapped and it's way past 30 days

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I couldn't get lucky at all with the online reservation thing. After searching the next day for one, I walked into my local Sam's Club and picked up a white 16gb (surprisingly in stock).

6. imazu macrumors regular

When you log in to your online account orders it should show until when you can pick it up. And they have automated email after few days you haven't picked it up.