How long will interracial last?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I am wondering with everyone "mixing" how long this can possibly hold up.. At some point we basically all meld together and there isn't really an interraacial bit left....

2. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Well, many generations at least. Although the idea of "race" will continue to decrease in relevance.

4. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Mostly in the US since thats where I live, I realize some places like China are probably going to be a while.

It would be a nice change not to have to refer to yourself as white/black/etc, I suppose we would probably just find something else to differentiate though.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't know, I've never referred to myself by race other than jokingly, it simply doesn't matter to me.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you go by what is written on our own currency (US), then race shouldn't ever matter.

e pluribus unum

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Probably it is still a whiles away. I think most people prefer people of the same race. I personally like non-white people, but that's my preference.

8. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

In EVERY race, there are those that are against "their own" intermarrying with outsiders. They consider it dishonorable.

9. Queso macrumors G4

Two inventions in the 20th century, television and the 747, have made a homogeneous human race virtually inevitable. Thanks to those items we now have knowledge of other places and the means to get there. As people from different racial groups intermingle they'll also increasingly interbreed.

I almost wish I'd be around in a few hundred years to see how it works out. Pizza delivery to the cryogenics lab anyone?

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You mean like these?

rich/poor
    liberal/conservative
    able-bodied/handicapped
    sane/insane
    fat/thin
    tall/short
    smart/learning disabled
    Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Polytheistic/Agnostic/Atheist/etc.

You're right - I can totally see that happening.:p

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have to imagine that technically it's probably close to being dead. There are few indigenous people left in the world. Very few caucasians are 100% something and most blacks also come from a variety of races.

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Some people are trying to preserve something, not sure what, exactly.

:rolleyes:

13. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

I think there's something to be said for that, I am definetly one of those people. I have nothing against other races, and certainly believe in equality, but the fact is I just don't find (most) people of other races attractive. Depending how many people like me there are (not just other whiteys, I'm sure this applies to people of other races too) it could really influence how long it takes before we all become beige.

14. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Many people are attracted to others who look like themselves. But it isn't always restricted by race. Take the case of Heidi Klum and Seal. They look alike, but one is dark and one is light.

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

huh? lol they dont look alike at all!

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Yes they do. Have you looked at their faces?

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea, and they do not look alike

18. No1451 macrumors 6502

I don't think I C Wiener is hungry for pizza tonight.

19. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It would be very boring if everyone looked the same.

20. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

x2. The fact is that the US is a melting pot, while most other nations are quite homogeneous. Japan and China for example, are both are more than 99% Japanese and Chinese. Most nations simply don't have the racial diversity of the US. Some european countries have large ethnic ghetto's (France) but for the most part, they don't intermix. Other places like those that are predominantly Muslim and suffer under Sharia Law have strict discrimination laws against outsiders, so interracial marriage there is extremely unlikely. And then you have India and the arranged marriages they do there, which again are highly unlikely to support interracial.

It isn't some kind of fad that will come and go. It's a numbers game. If a nation or a society is predominantly one race, it's going to stay that way. If there is a significant percentage of citizens of other races, there will be inter mixing going on.

Why do you think most African Americans have much lighter shade of skin than Africans straight from Africa? It's because they have some white folks in their family tree, while those straight from Africa do not.

Plus the simple tendency that the vast majority of folks are just attracted to others of the same race.

21. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

^^^ I can't be arsed with a full answer to your wild speculation but for example the majority ethnic group in China is Han Chinese there are 55 other officially recognised groups and ten more recognised outside China that offically don't exist,91.5% are Han. Or because they are Asiatic does that mean they're all the same to you.

22. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

^^^ I can't be arsed with your inability to comprehend this discussion. This discussion is about RACE. That's a different thing from ETHNICITY.

The people in India and Pakistan are Caucasians. FYI that's the same race as most Brits and Russians and Germans and Danish and Italians and Syrians. They're all caucasoids. No, they're not the same ETHNICITY, but they are the same RACE, which is the focus of this thread.

To answer your question YES all Chinese are the same race. The Mongoloid race.