How long will the 6+ inventories be depressed for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FtrV8, Oct 3, 2014.

1. FtrV8 macrumors regular

FtrV8

Any educated guesses?

I've been cancelling online orders, to catch one at the store (no luck), and reordering online. I give up. Leaving the online order and letting it play out. :(

128 GB Space grey unlocked T-Mobile (for use on ATT), Apple pre-order with delivery window of Oct 28th - Nov 6th, 2014.

2. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Try such sites as idevicechecker. You might get lucky to find something local.

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

If you want an AT&T unit there is plenty of stock available (just check idevicechecker.com) all over the place, so chances are you'll have one near you too.

Not sure why the T-Mobile phone is a requirement if you're going to be using it on AT&T since AT&T will unlock your unit after 60 days or whatever anyway so basically it's the same thing.

Theoretically you could also pick up a Verizon unit as those have an unlocked GSM slot and all the same LTE bands so you would be able to use it on Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile right out of the box. Verizon units seem to be in stock in many Apple stores in the capacity you are looking for.

4. marchiore macrumors newbie

marchiore

5. FtrV8, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

Thanks! I have ATT service, but will be traveling a lot next year so wanted an unlocked device. Wasn't aware that the VZ units work as well. I'll look into it.

BayArea, CA. Trackers don't show any availability.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If you buy AT&T iphone as device only at the apple retails store, they will be unlocked. I got my 6 Plus as device only and I plugged into itunes and got the unlocked message. Of course Device only option is only at apple retail store.

If you decide to order from apple.com then t-mo is the way to go. But you can also check istocknow.com as well check on stock around your areas as well.

7. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Just to confirm, the T-Mobile from Apple.com is fully unlocked and I won't have any issues with att?

8. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

They'll probably be depressed as long as people keep doing this. XD

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

That is correct, it should come as unlocked.

10. cababah macrumors 68000

For Bay Area, I've had good luck finding the phones at these 2 apple stores:

1. Los gatos (64GB ATT space gray 6)
    2. Palo Alto (128GB ATT space gray 6+)

Just arrive semi early in the morning and you should have a good chance of getting what you want.

11. FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

What?!?!

Thank you!!!

----------

Wow! Insane. All gone in an instant according to apple.com/store.

12. aneftp macrumors 601

I suspect inventory will clearly up in about 3 weeks (around October 20th time frame).

Reason: China is getting iphone 6/6 plus. Less demand for scalpers trying to import into that country.

The iPhone 5S gold was in high demand last year and inventory cleared up within one month.

Hang tight (I know its hard for someone to say that). But stock will clear up in 2-3 weeks.

13. Fozzybadfeet macrumors 6502

Fozzybadfeet

Well, I found on 6 Plus in my area...Let's see if this tracker is accurate.

14. FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

Might want to double check on Apple.com before heading out. I just checked, and it showed availability for one instant, and then gone.

:(

15. zana, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

zana macrumors newbie

They won't tell you stock over the phone, you need to go in to the store.

16. cababah macrumors 68000

No problem. I was told the Los gatos store is not as popular as the others which is why they usually have more in stock and the palo alto store is just plain huge and receives more regular shipments I think. Good luck!

17. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

18. Fozzybadfeet macrumors 6502

Fozzybadfeet

Well, the phone is in stock at a Best Buy and their website won't allow me to check if a store has them in stock. So, I'll give them a call when they open.

Does anyone know if they can put the phone on hold?

19. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

My guess is once mid-October rolls around, inventory will resume to normal.

20. MozzTheNinja macrumors newbie

I am also waiting for a 128gig plus in space grey to be available so I can swap it with my 64gig plus I bought on launch day. Ive been checking my apple stores pretty regularly with no luck. Today is actually the last day for me to make returns or exchanges but the person I talked to last said that they wont take into account the 14 day policy because stock has been so limited.

21. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I'm not sure I would believe him. There has always been some kind of shortage at launch and Apple has always stuck with the 14 day return/exchange policy.

22. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I agree. I would get the manager to sign the receipt if that's possible. If it's true, a little note on the back of the receipt wouldn't hurt.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

As long as people keep getting into forums and saying so many bad things about them like they get all bent out of shape too easily, look jaundiced, or crack up at inappropriate times. One can only take so much.

24. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I hope Samsung forums get as much of this stuff if not more.

25. cababah macrumors 68000

Hahaha good one...gotta clear out the cobwebs to find the new threads over there I'm sure.