How many 16 gig Wi-Fi models do you think Apple will have?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brig2221, Mar 10, 2011.

1. brig2221, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

brig2221 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure I will be taking tomorrow off. I have finally made up my mind that all I want is the 16 gig Wi-fi model only in black.

There are two malls fairly close to me, both with Apple stores in them. My conundrum is this. I imagine the $500 wi-fi models are going to be the most in demand, and from what I have read, may be the least in supply.

I don't want to get to the Apple Store at noon and wait 5 hours in line, plus another hour maybe to actually get through the line, only to be told that they are sold out of the model I want.

Do you guys think that Apple will have the 16 gig wi-fi units in short supply? I know it's only conjeture at this point, but I would be curious to hear what you all think.

Also, I have never waited in line at an Apple store for anything. For those of you that have this experience, can you tell me if Apple tries to be proactive ahead of time and give out number and ask what you want? If people start lining up hours in advance, I would think they would have the ability to hand out numbers, ask what you want, and cross check that against their inventory to make sure you weren't waiting in line in vain if they wanted to. The question is, can or will they do this?

2. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

as many as they want at each store? You won't know until you call or go there yourself. :rolleyes: outside of that.. vouchers.