How many bought the WiFi and will soon buy the 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DetroitBORG, Apr 8, 2010.

1. DetroitBORG macrumors regular

I pre-ordered both versions of the iPad, one for April 3rd (just so I could have it on opening day), and the one I REALLY wanted, a 64GB iPad +3G. Anybody else doing the same? My co-workers thought I was NUTS! ;)

2. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Same here.. I had to have this gadget ASAP, but want the peace of mind knowing I have 3G and gps at my disposal.

3. DetroitBORG thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, I now know more than ever that I need the 3G version because this thing isn't staying in my living room! I'm going to a conference in Chicago with it now and 3G will be a life-saver!

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Nah I'm fully content with the wifi version. My iPad will rarely, if ever, leave my house. Anywhere I bring it will likely be vacation spots which have wifi.

5. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Nope already jail broken using mywi and works ausome for free but I will let you spend money any way u like

6. tannesley macrumors newbie

You purchased yourself both wifi and 3g?!!?!

That's crazy....and that's why i bought my wife the wifi model on April 3, and she will take possession of it sometime late April when my 3g model arrives :) I really had to try hard to convince her that she wanted one, it was the only way I could internally justifying buying on April 3.

7. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I adore my Wi-Fi iPad and am already toting it with me when I'm out and about.....and in the process am seeing that, yes, the 3G is so, so tempting, too.....

8. nioted macrumors regular

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

If a jailbreak comes out for 3.1.3 before the ipad 3G is released, I'd give it a shot.

10. jra81984 macrumors newbie

I jail broke 3.1.2 just so that I could use mywi..... It was completely worth it. The speed is amazing and the burn on the iPhones battery from using it is not all that bad either.

11. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

12. Fakejohnsculley macrumors member

Bought this iPad I'm using for my wife. Buying the 3G version as soon as it comes out. I'm probably buying one for my mom too.