How many brand new 6/6+'s did it take for you to finally settle on the one you want?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honey Badger, Nov 15, 2014.

?

How many brand new 6/6+'s did it take for you to finally settle on the one you want?

1. 1

86 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. 2

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. 3

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. 5 or more

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Pure curiosity here. Bought a 6+ on launch day and returned it after a week because it was too big. Used my old 5 for another month, then got a 6+ again to give it a second chance. Now going to return it for the 6 and I finally know that is what I want. So that will have been 3 new iPhones altogether that I will have used to finally make a decision. Yikes!

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

I think you are lucky that shops let you decide with their brand new goods

3. JobsGang macrumors regular

JobsGang

4. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

1 I bought it and used it.

Loving it as well.

5. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

1...like normal people.

6. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Launch 6 64GB
    6 Plus
    6 Plus and settled
    (but many exchanges due to defects)

Lesson learned

7. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Gold 6, to Space grey 6, to Note 4, to Silver 6 Plus.

8. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I feel bad for Apple sometimes because I swear iPhone users are more likely to repeatedly ask for replacements because "MY POWER BUTTON IS SLIGHTLY LOOSE" and "THE SCREEN HAS A SMALL TINT IN THE LOWER CORNER THAT YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT IN THE DARK FROM THE RIGHT ANGLE".

9. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Well if Apple and T-Mobile had ample supply I probably would have only had the 6 Plus. On launch day T-Mobile stores didn't carry the Plus and the store I went to only had the gold which was color I liked least. After a couple of days I decided that if I couldn't have the size I wanted I would at least get the color I wanted and bought the space grey. But I still wasn't happy with the screen size so I decided to change to a Note 4. But I soon realized I preferred the iOS ecosystem and got lucky and found my 6 plus. Moral of the story is that Apple needs to have more phones available at launch. Lol

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I evaluate my needs and then buy the phone that fits those needs.

11. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered my third iPhone 6 and hopefully this one is defect free. The first one had a loose home button that felt like it was sticking. The second one was overheating badly right out of the box; felt like it could burn the skin. If the third one has any problem I'll probably be getting an Android device and revisit the iPhone in two years.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

This forum since day one when the 6 and Plus were released is loaded with threads about folks trying various ones. So get off your high horse folks calling out people who cannot decide first off. No different when Ipad Mini was released versus the larger ipad. Geez!

13. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

One for both me and I my wife. Grey 6 64GB for me and gold 64GB 6+ for her.

14. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

15. mgs315 macrumors member

One. Just like all my previous iPhones and iPads. Knew what I wanted and bought it. Never had any quality control issues. Not to mention all bar one of those worked flawlessly til the day they were replaced. The one that didn't was replaced with a factory refurb on the day.

It's things like that which keep me going back to Apple.

16. Dyn-tec macrumors member

I bought the 6+, 12 different times.....on the 12th purchase, it just seemed right....

The cool thing with the 6+ is that the size doesn't change! If you buy one, and then return it and buy another, it still has the same measurements!!! CRAZY I KNOW!

17. newellj macrumors 601

18. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Apple don't mind, it counts towards their 50 million sales figures

19. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

One launch day 6+

Get information, buy, enjoy.

If I were indecisive I'd go to the store and try the model out rather than doing as you and many do.

20. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

By the time you've decided you then have to wait weeks for delivery as you've missed launch delivery.

Most people want something, in hand, on launch day and will change up later

21. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

With all the people that are still waiting since launch day for their first iPhone 6/6 Plus... Imagine how long it will take them to choose based on delivery schedules for subsequent orders.

"My next phone order is still pending... The one before that is in Alaska! I'll have to take off work to be home for UPS three days out of each month till the Watch is released!" Plus, or not to Plus; Gold or Silver or Space Gray?; 16, 64 or 128?

Writing this post HURT! :cool:

Ordered my Plus on 9/12 at 4:30am EST, received it at noon on 9/19. It's akeeper.

22. bushido Suspended

bushido

You can't just take it back once you opened it here

23. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

24. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

So get something you don't Want just to be first? Only to return? That makes no sense.

I had a one plus one for a brief bit so I knew I'd be good with the 6 plus. Based off of that and specs I Pre ordered for launch day delivery and was very happy.

If I was unsure I'd have just waited to test in store.