Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSG

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Hi there,

just curious to know how many bug reports did you file until now?

I’ve been with the Public Betas since iOS 10 and installed it for 11 on day two. Until now I filed more than a dozen reports (plus one for tvOS).
I really try to file every single thing I find.

With iOS 10 they got rid of 100% of the bugs I reported and checked back with me on half a dozen things.
If the bug report numbers are per case reported I’d say the got more than 100.000 bug reports in a week. Seems they have lot of work ahead until fall.

Best regards,
VSG

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

doubletap

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Ashburn, VA
One bug report for third party App (Google photos) not uploading photos.

If you catch the message, google photos states that the photo(s) in question are not supported. I wonder if google will provide an update for that.

At least for me, it's the new format that is being when saving photos that's causing the issue.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I always do 2 or 3 at least.

The main reason I use Betas is a selfish desire to make sure that Apple gets proper feedback on the bugs that affect me the most. If I’m on the beta I know that at least one person sent them a report.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

eagle_man

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2017
I've been on the public beta since Friday afternoon and have sent three feedbacks so far. Had Super Mario Run freeze intermittently and the Notification Center was unresponsive, the other feedback was just general feedback.

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
About 7, but 3 are suggestions for UX tidy up or behavioural stuff. They really do listen and pay attention... for example, it only took 16 months for them to implement my app alias suggestion as Offload Apps ;)

(I can’t take credit, but I did submit the suggestion in April 2016 haha)

IMG_1640.PNG

Everyone should suggest and report everything they think of.

VSG

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Reason I’m asking is this:
Immediately after a Beta release people post on this forum things like “downloading now ...” or “I probably shouldn’t but I’m installing anyways ...”.

Two hours later it reads: “I encountered bug! Reverting back to 1x”.
Hardly ever do I read “found a bug, reporting it now. Can anyone else confirm and report so Apple can sort this out?”

I mean, that’s what Betas are for, after all.

eagle_man

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2017
Can anyone else confirm and report so Apple can sort this out?”

I mean, that’s what Betas are for, after all.
Agreed. I can’t understand why people get upset about bugs in Betas. That’s part of the reason for Beta testing is to find the bugs and report them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.