How many buying WIFI Mini to return for 4G Mini to have early

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ttexxan, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

Just curious how many thought of this since 4G coming out two weeks later and the must haves well must have...

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Nope, I don't need more than wifi. If I truly want 4G on it I can always use the hotspot on my phone. Save $10 a month or more on wireless plan ($10 for a shared sata plan or more for a separate plan) and $130 up front on the device.

3. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

I have tethering on my jailbroken phone for free (since on unlimited plan), but still find the LTE on my Ipad to be faster. I purchased the 4Gcellular capabilty Ipad to have in a pinch, but find myself using the LTE a lot. If you tether via Iphone 5 cant keep unlimted plan correct

4. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I don't have unlimited because I just switched to Verizon, and I get great LTE speeds with it. But anyone grandfathered in under unlimited could keep it by paying full price for the phone. AT&T users keep unlimited even if they use an upgrade.

Needing wireless on my iPad would be a very rare need. I use it in wifi accessible locations 95% of the time, if not 100%.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Personally, I would rather just wait then to go through the hassle of buying then returning for just 2 weeks.

6. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

I think if you tether the Ipad through cell phone with AT&T no longer eligable for unlimeted plan. I find myself being in places without wifi access ie car or kids games hence using the LTE on the Pad

7. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Nope, I'll be keeping the Wi-Fi version. If I need access, I'll tether my iPhone 5. I can't confirm if the iPad is faster on LTE than the iPhone, but when tethering, I get the exact speeds my iPhone is getting, which is good enough for me.

My plan requires me to pay 10 bucks per tablet which would pull from my same pool of data. Why spend the extra 130 upfront and 10 bucks a month when I can tether it?

8. ttexxan, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

Do you have AT&T and if so unlimited plan??

With AT&T you cannot thether with the unlimited plan...You have to down grade and then pay for tether and gig amount. I would rather stay with the $30 a month and get 3 gigs. Thats only $1 a day and not worth the hassel messing with phone or other hot spot devices.
    The unlimited plan comes in handy when my kids, wife or friends want to all tether to my jailbroken phone. I used my iphone with unlimted plan/jailbreak for over a week once when internet at home went out. That bill would be very high without unlimted. Used 19 gigs that month : > )

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, I'm on the shared mobile plan. I had the "unlimited" plan, but finally decided to drop it when I picked up my 5. And honestly, I haven't looked back.

You can easily lose your unlimited plan if you're tethering without AT&T's consent.