How many days until iPhone 5 gets out of BO?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tidybc, Oct 1, 2012.

1. tidybc macrumors 6502

I ordered (iPhone 5 16GB AT&T) on Sept 24th Still on Back-Order! No ETA of Shipment :(

Anyone like this?

2. mszpara macrumors regular

3. tidybc thread starter macrumors 6502

4. mszpara macrumors regular

We didn't choose the club, the club (AT&T) chose us!

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If you pre-ordered and are still on BO, I suggest doing the in store reserve. I reserved one of saturday night and picked it up sunday morning.

6. lamenramen macrumors regular

I say a full eight weeks before supply catches up with demand. They've launched in 22 more countries, and Apple will be spreading shipments out worldwide now. If Apple was smart, they would stop announcing launch dates in any more countries until the supply chain is sorted out. Next year they should have about 25 million units ready to go at launch day to avoid this mess.

Yes, it would result in a delay for the iPhone 5s. But it's preferable to this. They should announce in september and just say that it's not available until October 31. There is no huge pride in saying that it'll be available 10 days after announce date since no one can realistically buy one anyway.

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I agree, it could take 8 weeks. Problem with that is in 8 weeks we'll be hard and heavy into the Christmas buying season. Apple (Foxxcon) has its work cut out for them, haha

8. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Probably another month or two. This phone is in demand like none other

9. Jman13 macrumors 68000

??

There are millions of us with iPhone 5s. If they're backordered for 8 weeks and you ordered late, well, then you'll get it 8 weeks later...same as if the full release were pushed back 8 weeks. Except, now...there's 10 million people using iPhone 5s and not waiting those 8 weeks. That's preferable in my book.

And as to the 'no one can realistically buy one'....well, I managed to get a 4S and 5 on launch day the past two years with no problems. All it took was setting an alarm, walking into my computer room, placing the order and going back to bed. Not rocket science.