Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henry2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Right now i have about 20.GB of music on my Ipad2 .So how many gb of music do you have on your ipad

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I had around 10GB on mine but then I got iTunes Match so only have about four albums downloaded onto it at the minute and the rest in the cloud.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
My iPad only has 2.6 GB of music on it. I only loaded the two playlists I have in iTunes, which consist of recently added songs and all-time favorites.

My entire music collection resides in my iPhone, so I'm not worried about having it all on my iPad as well. Also, as the other poster above me stated, Home Sharing is available so that makes a huge difference when needed.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Zero. I use my iPhone for music. My iPad is for videos and tv shows. I have over 40gb of video on it most of the time.

imotionb18

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Zero. I have maybe 5 or 6 gb of Movies for my daughter if we are not at home, but mostly I stream everything.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
None.

Chances are that if I am carrying my iPad, I am also carrying my iPhone, which happens to hold all my music.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I try to keep 0 music on my iPad--I usually listen to music on my iPhone on the train and walking to and from my office. I do have my iPhone and iPad set to automatically download new music and books that I buy on the other device, so my newest stuff is always on the iPad until I delete it.

On days where I know I'll be listening to a lot of music at work, I usually load up my iPad from iTunes Match before leaving the house. That way I don't have to run down my iPhone battery and I don't have to kill my data plan with all the streaming music. I spent almost my entire 2 GB last month using iTunes Match on my phone. I have my entire library in iCloud, and I keep seeing stuff I haven't listened to in awhile--and when the moment hits, I just HAVE to grab it from the cloud and listen on the train.

PS--for the record, I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE iTunes Match.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Exactly what I do.

We have an iPod Classic as well that holds everything and we use it with our iHome. Only problem is that's our only iDevice that still needs to be plugged into a computer to sync and now wireless syncing has completely spoiled me. We have an iPod Touch set up on Home Sharing now, so that works a lot better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.