How many have a house full of Apples but no iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lindenhurst, May 25, 2012.

1. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Just curious as to how many here love Apple products and have Macs, iPads, Apple Tv's, but have left the iPhone for another device.

This is not an Apple iPhone bashing thread, but merely a post to see how many love all things Apple, but maybe not so much the current iPhone.

2. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I doubt you're gonna get many responses for this in the iPhone forum...

That said, I had a number of Apple products for years (aTV, multiple iPods, iPod Touch, MBA, MBP) and no iPhone (until it finally came to Verizon last year).

3. wtmk81 macrumors member

For a while I was iMac only. Then finally got the 4S, before that I had a Blackberry.

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Prior to Verizon releasing the iPhone, this was the case at my house.

5. matttye macrumors 601

I've got an iPad and want to get an Apple tv, but the only thing stopping me is that it only works with Apple products :( I want something that will let my phone stream content even if it's not an iPhone.

I think Google tv works with both, but I could be wrong.

6. Slinkwyde macrumors regular

In this house, we've owned a total of eight Macs and nine iPods over the years since 1996, but we all use featurephones because smartphone data plans are too expensive. However, we do have an iPod touch and an iPad.

7. mrbutters macrumors regular

As soon as I get rid of this 4s (probably this weekend) that will be me. I have 2 iMacs, an iPad, MBP and an ATV. Love them all, except the 4s

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I recently converted all computers at home to Macs.

My own set up is a 2011 13" Macbook Air paired with a Thunderbolt Display. In my sister's room is a 2011 21" iMac. And I own an iPad 3.

I had a 4S, but has since switched to a unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Love it all.

9. 7DSniper macrumors regular

The iPod was my gateway drug into apple, then the 3GS, iPhone 4 then MBP. :)

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

3rd gen ipod was my first apple product. all my friends used macs but I stuck by windows. Then when apple put the first iphone 4gb on clearance for $299 with no contract I scooped it up unlocked it for tmobile. the iphone sucked me into everything apple. Now ive had 3 of the next iphones, all 3 ipads, all 4 apple tvs, a macbook, macbook pro and a hackintosh (waiting for new mac pro or imac. big apple giftcard sitting in wait)

11. 7DSniper, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012

7DSniper macrumors regular

12. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I'm all Apple but recently grabbed a Galaxy Nexus but I'm not sure it has completely won me over.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

To many the iPhone is the gateway device other things Mac.

14. bengi macrumors member

Being a Mac user since way before the iPhone (my first Mac wad a Classic in 1991/1992) and a Palm power user, I have been loyal to Palm (I still have a Palm Centro for sporadic use) and recently bought a Palm Pre 3, which is prety good. As a true Mac user I had never considered iPhone worth giving a try.

That said, in 2010 I received an iPad as a present, soon I bought an iPhone and now the house is full also of "non Mac" Apple stuff.

Ben

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have a Samsung S2 Galaxy Skyrocket as my phone. I had an iPhone, but then the back shattered and I didn't bother with going to go get it fixed. I probably will save up for the new iPhone if it no longer has a back glass though.

I have all the Apple products in my signature below. I've had more of course.

16. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Yup, this is how I ended up in Apple.

17. Bandit27 macrumors newbie

What I own..

This thread made me think...Between our family of 4:
    Currently, I have a graphite iMac, a 2011 iMac, a 2010 15" MBP, a 2010 13" MBP, one 1st, 2 2nd, a 3rd,and 1 4th gen iPod touch, 3 different iPod 2 Shuffles, 2 1st and a 3rd gen iPad, a 1st gen Appe Tv, 2 air port express, 1 airport extreme, 1 G5 iMac dead, and 1 unused MacMini. Many mice, keyboards, etc. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yeah, my phone is a Motorola Razr... Won't die.

18. penfan82 macrumors regular

My very first apple product was the original shuffle now we have a classic 3 iPod touches 2 iPhone 4 gen1 iPad and my phone a 4s I keep looking at the air trying to save for it

19. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

One of my acquaintances has been a Mac user since the G3 iMac, but he has never had an iPod, iPhone or iPad.

20. Pib macrumors newbie

Pib

We have Apples but no iPhone at our house

We own 2 MBPs and 2 mac minis + iPad2, iPod Touch, and a bunch of Apple accessories...but no iPhones (I have a company-issued Blackberry Torch).

My reasoning for not having an iPhone is the plan(s) they're tied to. The phone itself is great and as we own wi-fi iPad/iPods, I'm certainly in favor of the functionality that the device provides as something that would be cool to have for my family. But it boils down to this - the plans the phone's tied to are too expensive to meet my perception of value. And seeing that the plans continue to move further away from that value proposition, my desire to get an iPhone proportionally diminishes.

21. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I'm a mac user since 21 years, got an old iPod and an iPad but I really don't need a mobile phone.

22. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

My house is full of apple including lots of iPhones iPad and iPod touch for the little 5 year old twins.

23. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

I am the opposite, I only have iOS devices.

Mac OS just can't match up to Windows. Heck I even have a Windows XP computer to complement a Windows 7 computer.

24. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

Parents have put a bunch of Apple products in the house, but when it comes to the iPhone,

if I had money, I'd switch to the Galaxy S3 in a heartbeat.

25. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

4 Macs at home (two vintage)

iPad

iPhone 3GS and 4

iMac purchase coming and iPhone 6th gen

I rely on the integration of my Macs to make management easier. If I relied on Google services more than just Gmail and Google Reader I'd probably have an easier time with a non iOS device but at this point I'm liking iCloud sync and I'm hoping for a lot more features coming in future versions of iWork and iLife.