How many have switched to mac because of the iPhone

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevingaffney, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Three months ago I switched to a macbook pro after fifteen years of pc use at home and with my business. I was led down this path as a result of my iPhone use mainly. I wonder how many new recruits Apple have got through the iPhone platform?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Back in July 2007, I had barely had my 2G iPhone for a week when I bought a 15" MBP. Yes, if it hadn't have been for the iPhone, I would not have bothered to get a MBP. I wanted the MBP because I had heard so much about how iPhoto made photos so easy to put on the phone.

Of course it was so easy to learn how to do things anyways. Thanks iPhone.
    :)

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i switched to iphone since i had a mac

verizon never played well with osx in terms of sycnhing media and whatnot

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

no way

Not me. I can't stand touch screen. I switched because I was fed up of Windows, and Ubuntu didn't have the programs I needed.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'm an old school switcher. I got my first Mac a few weeks after buying the 3rd Generation iPod. :D

6. ttopp macrumors regular

i was the other way too. i got the iPhone and a contract (my first contract mobile) due to being a mac user. originally i was nokia all the way with PAYG on o2. im a creature of habbit lol

i might move to the sim only and get more mins/txts for £20 thats £15 less than im on

7. kreidel macrumors member

I bought an iPhone and that made me curious about other Apple so I bought a Macbook Pro.

8. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

heh I switched from a windows mobile phone to an iPhone because I was a mac user

9. Steffz07 macrumors member

Got an iPhone for my birthday, loved it. Fell in love with Apple. Getting a MPB for xmas (altho with the upcoming refresh, i imagine its going to be a late xmas present. Altho i only got my last xmas present March 09, looking for the right X360 ;P)

Tis been a good year.

10. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

i switched to mac os because of the iphone but i switched to verizon because of suckt&t

11. Blinkwing macrumors member

Been meaning to switch to Mac for quite some time but still don't have enough cash to jump over.

You could say that my iPhone purchase was influenced by my plans to switch to Mac :D

12. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I've always wanted a mac after seeing how cool they were and the operating system's power. However it wasn't until I got my iPhone 3G when I wanted a mac.

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That doesn't make sense?

You've always wanted a Mac but you only wanted a Mac once you got an iPhone 3G. :confused:

14. samh macrumors 6502

Can't say it was BECAUSE but my iPod Touch definitely piqued my interest. Ultimately it was the availability of a specific software package only on the Mac platform that caused me to jump.

15. xray scatter macrumors newbie

Maybe he wanted a Mac even more once he got an iPhone 3G? :confused:

16. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Moldy Oldy switcher here; switched over back when The G5 had just recently been crowned King of the Macintosh, OS X still made some say "Ehhhhhhhh, I'll stick with 9.2.2 for another version...", the Click Wheel was all the rage and people were still scratching their heads about why Apple would open a music store.

17. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I got my mac as soon as they started officially supporting my blackberry.

18. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

My iPhone definitely got me interested in other Apple products, but I can't say it's the reason I got my Macbook Pro.

19. Belm macrumors regular

Haven't switched yet, but soon

iPods and iPhone are definitely gateways to Macs. I've owned three iPods and they've sparked my interest with Macs

20. Elzlaik macrumors regular

It never even occurred to me to switch to Mac until after I got my iPhone. I just never thought about it. However, after my second HP Laptop died after only a year and I went through a 3 month process with HP trying to get it fixed I just got them to give me my money back and I bought my MBP. Best tech decision I've ever made. Like the iPhone it just worked.

21. Collider macrumors regular

Exactly the same situation here. I got my iPod Touch way back in February, and the more I used it, the more I loved the heck out of it... and, ultimately, the more I found myself wanting to try out Apple's computers as well, to see if they'd have the same 'wow' factor. Ten minutes in an Apple store was enough to push me the rest of the way, and it was MBP all the way as soon as my funds permitted.

22. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I was just thinking about this - I guess my road to switching began when I got my first ipod - I was pretty impressed with it. Then the nano, then the iphone, and now I am typing my very first post on my first mac - brand new iMac i7. Love it - this thing is amazing.

23. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Brother has a Blackbook - then he bought the first generation iPhone.
    Now I have a uMBP and an iPhone3G.

24. addersop macrumors newbie

Hello! One here. Having said that, it's been a journey from a 20gb iPod 3rd gen in 2003 via a Shuffle and an iPhone but I wouldn't have considered a Mac before that. I've been slowly converted :D

25. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

I kinda always wanted Mac, and I had enough money, bud I didn't have courage for switch. then I bought iPhone 3G and I was sold. 2 months later came new macbook pro as you can see in my sig.