How many have switched to mac because of the iPhone

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Three months ago I switched to a macbook pro after fifteen years of pc use at home and with my business. I was led down this path as a result of my iPhone use mainly. I wonder how many new recruits Apple have got through the iPhone platform?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Back in July 2007, I had barely had my 2G iPhone for a week when I bought a 15" MBP. Yes, if it hadn't have been for the iPhone, I would not have bothered to get a MBP. I wanted the MBP because I had heard so much about how iPhoto made photos so easy to put on the phone.

Of course it was so easy to learn how to do things anyways. Thanks iPhone.
:)

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
no way

Not me. I can't stand touch screen. I switched because I was fed up of Windows, and Ubuntu didn't have the programs I needed.

ttopp

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
i was the other way too. i got the iPhone and a contract (my first contract mobile) due to being a mac user. originally i was nokia all the way with PAYG on o2. im a creature of habbit lol

i might move to the sim only and get more mins/txts for £20 thats £15 less than im on

kreidel

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
I bought an iPhone and that made me curious about other Apple so I bought a Macbook Pro.

Steffz07

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2009
Got an iPhone for my birthday, loved it. Fell in love with Apple. Getting a MPB for xmas (altho with the upcoming refresh, i imagine its going to be a late xmas present. Altho i only got my last xmas present March 09, looking for the right X360 ;P)

Tis been a good year.

Blinkwing

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2009
New Zealand
Been meaning to switch to Mac for quite some time but still don't have enough cash to jump over.

You could say that my iPhone purchase was influenced by my plans to switch to Mac :D

pyrodex

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've always wanted a mac after seeing how cool they were and the operating system's power. However it wasn't until I got my iPhone 3G when I wanted a mac.

samh

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
Three months ago I switched to a macbook pro after fifteen years of pc use at home and with my business. I was led down this path as a result of my iPhone use mainly. I wonder how many new recruits Apple have got through the iPhone platform?
Can't say it was BECAUSE but my iPod Touch definitely piqued my interest. Ultimately it was the availability of a specific software package only on the Mac platform that caused me to jump.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68020
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Moldy Oldy switcher here; switched over back when The G5 had just recently been crowned King of the Macintosh, OS X still made some say "Ehhhhhhhh, I'll stick with 9.2.2 for another version...", the Click Wheel was all the rage and people were still scratching their heads about why Apple would open a music store.

Belm

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Haven't switched yet, but soon

iPods and iPhone are definitely gateways to Macs. I've owned three iPods and they've sparked my interest with Macs

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
It never even occurred to me to switch to Mac until after I got my iPhone. I just never thought about it. However, after my second HP Laptop died after only a year and I went through a 3 month process with HP trying to get it fixed I just got them to give me my money back and I bought my MBP. Best tech decision I've ever made. Like the iPhone it just worked.

Collider

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Can't say it was BECAUSE but my iPod Touch definitely piqued my interest.
Exactly the same situation here. I got my iPod Touch way back in February, and the more I used it, the more I loved the heck out of it... and, ultimately, the more I found myself wanting to try out Apple's computers as well, to see if they'd have the same 'wow' factor. Ten minutes in an Apple store was enough to push me the rest of the way, and it was MBP all the way as soon as my funds permitted.

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
I was just thinking about this - I guess my road to switching began when I got my first ipod - I was pretty impressed with it. Then the nano, then the iphone, and now I am typing my very first post on my first mac - brand new iMac i7. Love it - this thing is amazing.

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Brother has a Blackbook - then he bought the first generation iPhone.
Now I have a uMBP and an iPhone3G.

addersop

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
Leeds, England
Hello! One here. Having said that, it's been a journey from a 20gb iPod 3rd gen in 2003 via a Shuffle and an iPhone but I wouldn't have considered a Mac before that. I've been slowly converted :D

angusslo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
I kinda always wanted Mac, and I had enough money, bud I didn't have courage for switch. then I bought iPhone 3G and I was sold. 2 months later came new macbook pro as you can see in my sig.