iPad How many intensive websites can safari now handle on the iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aluminum213, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I'm talking about website heavy on graphics and pictures, how many tabs can be kept open of these websites before the refreshing starts?

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Not sure if any reviews have mentioned a hard number. It's something that is inherently difficult to pin down due to a number of potential background tasks running at any given time, such as syncing iCloud Drive photos or refreshing a news app in the background.

That being said, probably quite a bit more. It will probably still eventually refresh or have a crash, but it's probably far less likely to happen now from normal use, like just visiting a site like theverge.com lol.

3. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Before with a website like The Verge you couldn't keep even one page open with that, hell, as the only page open if you left safari and came back to it it would refresh on the iPad air 1

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Yeah it's really bad. On my iPhone 6 Plus The Verge sent it into a crash loop. It kept showing the "This page had to be reloaded" message banner at the top and it would start to reload and then crash again. It eventually went several times through the loop (without me even touching the device) until it finally said something like "There is a problem with this page and it couldn't be loaded" or something like that. What I think is funny is that someone at Apple had to program in that message. They know that the crashing is a problem. It crashes to the point of getting in a crashing loop.

So yeah, I'm buying the hell out of the iPad Air 2, lol. However I got burned last year on the RAM in my Mini so I decided to wait and see. Now I need to figure out what store is going to have it and when so I can pick one up ASAP! I'm not sure why Apple is so hazy this year on when it will be available at retail, but it's pissing me off.