How many iphone 5 can be bought at one time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kyoko, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Kyoko macrumors newbie

Thank you always, every one!

Thanks to your kind help, I have learned so many useful things so far. Like the facts that the verizon month-to-month iphone 5 is unlocked out of the box, it is well-stocked at any Apple store, and you can buy one and take it home right away if you say "device only". They are all very useful and encouraging to me because I live in Japan.

Well, today, as I have been asked to buy the verizon iphone 5 by tons of my friends in Japan, and I will visit the US on Oct 2, I would really like you to answer to the following three questions.

1) How many verizon month-to-month iphone 5s can be bought at one time at an Apple store? 2? 5? 10?

2) If you can buy 3, can you buy 3 again at another apple store?

3) Do you need SSN to buy a verizon month-to-month iphone 5 as "device only"? If so, it is neary impossible for a non-US traveller like me to buy it...

Thank you so very much in advance!

2. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

this is false. very limited supply throughout the country...but should you be lucky and find some in stock, there are no requirements to to buy a device-only verizon iphone 5 at an Apple Store.

In regards to this limit of 2 per person, how strict they are will vary by who you speak with. Some employees have told me that after you buy your 2, you can simply walk out of the store, get back in line, and buy another 2. Other employees have told me that it's 2 per day per person, regardless if you leave and come back same day.

btw, I KNOW someone who makes daily trips to Apple Stores and he is banned from buying more iPhones (which he buys 2 per day), so I'm sure there is some sort of lifetime buying limit.

The approach I took during launch day -- I went with a lot of people, each were limited to 2 devices each.

3. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

So your plan is to buy phones that the good people on this forum are desperately trying to get hold of and sell them to those same people for an inflated price?

4. kilcher, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

I was giving OP the benefit of the doubt that he had intended to buy these phones to do his "tons of friends" a favor

//if you were referring to me, I have no intention of selling to the same people desperately buying them here. I consider my own intentions more noble, helping provide iphones to countries that do not yet have it :p

6. Kyoko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your imformation! I am going to stay in the US for two weeks so I can easily buy sufficient number of iphone 5 for my friends!! When I am back in Japan, they will thank me like I thank you!

----------

If you are talking to me, it was an exaggeration when I said "tons of", and the actual number of my friends who have asked me to buy iphone 5 is 9. Inflated price? No, I do not want to lose my friends.