How many iPhones manufactured each day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I'm not sure if there is data about this or not, but I would be really interested to see how many iPhones that Foxconn is producing for this launch.

Does anyone know how many iPhones they are able to make at peak-production?

2. agpatel macrumors member

3. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Okay, if we split that number evenly between the countries that launched (I know, it's probably not even) and filter that down to each apple store, best buy, etc in the US, you're lucky if a store gets one phone per day. Ill do the actual math when I get a chance.

4. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

5. agpatel macrumors member

The numbers are probably a bit higher now, cant find any rates for the iP5/iP5s.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

During the ip5 peak production cycle there were 210000 employees producing around 165000 units a day.

There currently running 300000 employees so productions should be around 235,714 units per day

7. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Okay and are we assuming that 2/3 of those are gold? Because of the report that said they were increasing gold production by a third? If we assume 150k gold units per day, in the US alone there are like 300 Apple stores and 1000+ Best Buys. That filters down to very few.

8. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Are you kidding? Everybody knows that, we all know internal Apple partners' logistic plans. And above all, we all know the exact amount of iPhones Apple orders each day, just get yourself up to date already.

9. dlondon macrumors regular

They may have increased production of gold units by a third but they may have only been producing 5-10% of gold initially believing they wouldn't be as popular.

Rumours before launch indicated that 80% of stock being distributed was space grey which means 20% would be gold and silver.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd reckon that much less than 66% are being produced in gold. Probably around 20%-ish, even after they'd increased it by a third.

11. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

But that's why I asked. I wanted to know if anyone here could provide an estimate.

Given the gold demand, I'm not sure why apple wouldn't increase it even more. If they have the materials, then why not bump gold up to 50% for a couple of days to balance out the available stock and then go back to normal production?

Unless it's true that they really do want the publicity and a rare product.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It might not be as simple as saying "make more gold!" I assume the process for making the gold color requires different equipment / materials than the ones for making the other colors. It might take some time to obtain the necessary equipment / materials to increase gold production.