How many iPhones on one AppleID (apps)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxap, Aug 27, 2014.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey guys,

I have been struggling with this question for months and have read different opinions online. Could you tell me how many iDevices (iPhones, iPads) can be used in combination with one AppleID to download apps?

In my family, we already have three iPhones and three iPads using the same AppleID for downloading apps. It is allowed within one household. But is there a limit to the number of devices you may have? And is it the same when your iDevice "is associated with your AppleID" (up to 10 devices) and when you just use this AppleID to download and install purchased apps?

Now, I am planning to buy a new iPhone when it is released and two new iPads. So, I need to be 100% sure that we can use our AppleID. We all have separate AppleIDs for iCloud, Contacts etc., but one AppleID for apps.

2. oldwren, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

3. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

I am perfectly aware of the family sharing feature of iOS8, but this is not the answer I am looking for. Even when iOS8 is released, I will prefer to stick to the way we do it now: one AppleID for buying apps and separate AppleIDs for iCloud on each device. The family sharing thing is good for families with small children.

So, are there any limitations for using an AppleID on more than 10 iDevices for purchasing apps etc.?

4. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

This thread on Apple's Support forums seems to answer your question OP.