How many jailbreak apps / tweaks is too many to have in your opinion?

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
How many jailbreak tweaks would you say is too many on an iPhone for you?

When I first jailbreak I tell myself "ok, only a couple of tweaks otherwise the iPhone might start getting buggy" then... the next thing I know I look at Cydia and I have 12 jailbreak apps / tweaks! :eek:

ipsychedelic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Well 12 is low by average.
It's not really about how Many tweaks is too much, but rather how they behave between each other, how much memory available is left after all of them and how stable your device is.

You could have one jailbreak from hell that makes your life impossible of 20 tweaks that play along well.

Specially, one has to be aware of tweaks using MobileSubstrate, that thing for the most part is a battery killer and a bug attractor.
Not to say the idea is NOT to install it (most of the "big" tweaks use it), but just to keep an eye on all libraries loaded that make use of it.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Any Update to this? I have 19 and want to buy a few more but don't want more lag.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
22 is too many :eek:

Depends on the tweaks TBH, just have to play around. I never add more than two (new or unknown ones) a day just to make sure i have really put them through their pacees

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Any Update to this? I have 19 and want to buy a few more but don't want more lag.
What kind of update are you looking for? There is no numerical answer to this question because some tweaks use more resources than others.

If you are annoyed by your phone's lag then you have too many.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
22 is too many :eek:

Depends on the tweaks TBH, just have to play around. I never add more than two (new or unknown ones) a day just to make sure i have really put them through their pacees
how many do you have (around)?

----------

What kind of update are you looking for? There is no numerical answer to this question because some tweaks use more resources than others.

If you are annoyed by your phone's lag then you have too many.
I guess I wanted to see how many people have and if I am pushing it going 20+

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
What type of "lag" are you experiencing ?
It's very minimal compared to my iphone 4. If I go into a folder with a lot of apps (bc of infinifolders) it lags and also sometimes looking at saved gifs (bc of Giffy).

My biggest problem is every time i respring it redownloads apps I downloaded (or updated) from yesterday (even the ones I deleted).

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
When I was on 5.1.1 I had a boat load of tweaks.

Now that im on 6.1, I'm keeping it simple this time around.

My 4S ran perfect on 5.1.1 with a gazillion tweaks, but I feel like I just lost track of what tweaks I had and most of them I never fully utilized.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
how many do you have (around)?
Not sure, let's see

Action menu
Activator
Bite SMS
ConverMeNot (does not work though)
Folder Enhancer
Infinidock (may have missed this the most, cannot tell you how many times i swipped that dock expecting it to move).
LockInfo 5 (trying to like it)
SBSettings
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
3G Unrestrictor (this is the one new one i have, that i did not have in my last JB)

So 11 (can i change my number to 11 :D )

Last edited:

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Not sure, let's see

Action menu
Activator
Bite SMS
ConverMeNot (does not work though)
Folder Enhancer
Infinidock (may have missed this the most, cannot tell you how many times i swipped that dock expecting it to move).
LockInfo 5 (trying to like it)
SBSettings
Springtomize 2
TetherMe
3G Unrestrictor (this is the one new one i have, that i did not have in my last JB)

So 11 (can i change my number to 11 :D )
lol at reason for update

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
It's very minimal compared to my iphone 4. If I go into a folder with a lot of apps (bc of infinifolders) it lags and also sometimes looking at saved gifs (bc of Giffy).

My biggest problem is every time i respring it redownloads apps I downloaded (or updated) from yesterday (even the ones I deleted).
Not seeing that issue, what exactly is downloading, cydia or app store

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Not seeing that issue, what exactly is downloading, cydia or app store
When I respring it shows it redownloading apps from the appstore that a downloaded since yesterday. If I click on it it usually goes away. For apps I updated from the Appstore since yesterday it shows the bar full as if I am just finished installing even though they are installed. It's frustrating. Thanks for your help

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
When I respring it shows it redownloading apps from the appstore that a downloaded since yesterday. If I click on it it usually goes away. For apps I updated from the Appstore since yesterday it shows the bar full as if I am just finished installing even though they are installed. It's frustrating. Thanks for your help
If you have time list what JB tweaks you have, maybe one causing that issue.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
How many jailbreak tweaks would you say is too many on an iPhone for you?

When I first jailbreak I tell myself "ok, only a couple of tweaks otherwise the iPhone might start getting buggy" then... the next thing I know I look at Cydia and I have 12 jailbreak apps / tweaks! :eek:

You'll know you have one too many when you find out about one in the Cydia store and go to buy it only to find out you've ALREADY BOUGHT IT.

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
I thinned the herd this time

It's not the quantity of tweaks, it's the quality of tweaks:D:D
I agree totally.
When I was jail broken on 5.0.1 I had way too many tweaks. My phone lagged but it was my first time JB and I was trying everything.
This time I am much more selective, only loading the apps and tweaks I will actually use. Have had no problems so far, and I now have a JB on my iPhone 4S and my iPad mini.
I'm happy!
I counted them up.....last time I had 56 tweaks, this time I have 11.

Last edited:

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360203674.109926.jpg this is an example of my problem. Everything is downloaded but it shows NOAA as 2 seperate apps. One installed and one installing. Also the folder next to is downloading something that was already downloaded yesterday.