How many Mac Owners are also Gun Owners?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wheezy, Apr 28, 2007.

1. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Kinda curious about this right now. How many of you have guns, or a concealed weapon permit? I do - Glock Model 17, 9mm Semi-automatic, 17 rounds + 1 in the chamber.

2. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Oh, that thread title paired with the name of your website in your sig together just makes laugh :p

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

A few and plenty of ammo to go with them! :)

5. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

I have an AK-47 under my bed, a USP in the car and my kids each have a glock.

No... Honestly, how can you live with a gun in your household? Virginia Tech had the wrong impact on the American public, it should have started a heavily loaded debate about the gun laws, instead it resulted in self-pity... I'm preparing for my History exam and just read that President Wilson called for the disarmament of the whole world with his Fourteen Points - look what has become of you now

6. user13 macrumors regular

user13

I heard that in Brunei more than 60% people have AK-47 (I mean men, of course, women there don't have any rights - they're not PEOPLE actually:) )

7. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

You can't get rid of guns. It's impossible. So, you either get beaten by them, or you beat those who want to beat you.

It's that simple.

I will soon own a pistol. I won't be taken down by some punk-ass who thinks he can just waltz into my University and kill whoever he (or she) pleases.

8. Queso macrumors G4

None here, but considering for most of the countries MR posters come from they're pretty much illegal that shouldn't come as any surprise.

I do own a rather fetching knife though, with a serrated edge and everything. Only use it when I'm underwater, but it's still mine. Does that count in the "I'm a potential murdering psychopath" department? :D

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Glock 19, Ruger .357, Scoped Remington .22. Rifle Expert/Pistol Sharphooter rated, All-Navy Shooting Team 1997.

On the road so much, no time to get my CCW, keep forgetting.

Pull 'em out for cleaning periodically, need to get to the range (it's been a looong time!).

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

11. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Same.

12. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I have two rifles -- a bolt-action, single-shot .22 Remington and a 30.08 Winchester with 6 in the clip and 1 in the hole. I used to love hanging out at the range. I haven't been there is a few years though.

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Love to shoot.

Decent at it -- military expert rifle & pistol (both hands), and a few other credentials.

Not sure what my favorite weapon would be...shotgun, rifle, pistol, assault, mg, etc. I guess it would depend on my mood and how much $ I want to waste. ;)

Oh, and like my old Crosman pump BB/pelet gun.

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Guns are fun. Last time I messed with one I believe we were trying to fish with it, wasn't successful.

jon

15. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

How can you own a computer and NOT own a gun?

Whenever I get frustrated from using a computer (which is inevitable), I take it out on some poor targets. I pity them.

16. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I don't own a gun but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I felt the need to protect myself or my family.

You can pass as many laws as you like but guns will always be around and bad guys will always be able to get their hands on them.

17. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

VT should be opening the eyes of everyone to let them know that taking away your 2nd amendment right leads to events EXACTLY like this. The only people harmed when guns are banned are the honest, law-abiding people. Obviously, the VT Nut-job didn't really care about obeying the school no-gun policy, rather he saw it as an invitation to 'kick everyone while they're down'.

Cities and areas that allow their citizens to carry concealed weapons have a lower crime rate. Why? Because Criminals think differently when they have to weigh the fact that the person they attack might just pull out a gun (in legal self defense) and end their life. Bullies don't pick fights with bigger people, they pick on the weak.

18. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

Don't shoot your eye out!

[​IMG]

BTW.....you *must* change your avatar, Sushi, 'cause it's making me hungry!!! :p

19. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

That's an interesting theory. Do you have any data to back it? I'm not trying to be a smart-arse....I'm curious.

20. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

"Got an AK-47, well you know it makes me feel alright
    Got an Uzi by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night
    There's no feeling any greater
    Than to shoot first and ask questions later"

Nah, too young to own one, and probably never will. They are disgusting, and foul.

I do want a sword so I can chop people's heads off though. That looks fun! :eek:

21. calculus Guest

calculus

When the law show up how do they know that it wasn't you that started it? Do the 'good guys' all wear white hats or something?

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I collect military rifles, WWII mostly since they are the most available right now. I filled up my first gun safe this year. :)

I don't have handguns or concealed carry (though I'd like a Colt 1911, Luger P08, Walther P38, a Webly Mk VI, Enfield No. 2, and a Nagant 1895....etc. Pistols are more expensive to collect on average though...;)).

I haven't been to the range in many months but after I finish my grad degree I'd like to do some competitive shooting with some of my rifles.

To those of you debating gun ownership, we already have several threads on this - just to keep things on topic...

23. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I think the equivalent of shooting a target for a sword is very quickly shouting "YAH" from deep in the gut while you chop a cantaloupe in half :D

Nice poem by the way :)

24. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I have a M1 Garand 30-06, M1-D Garand Sniper and a Taurus PT-1911SS. All of which are just used at the range for target practice. The two Garands were family weapons and were handed down to me.

I am debating working towards my CHL later this year as well.

25. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

Sure, I'll see what I can find. My brother is the one who does all the studying up on this, so I'll ask him.