How many minutes of video will fit on iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zews, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Zews macrumors newbie

How many minutes of 1080 video will fit on the 16GB iPhone 4S?

This is assuming the phone is completely empty and has no apps, no photos, no video, no contacts, no emails, etc. stored on it. Only iOS as it comes out of the box. Obviously with any data stored on the phone, the amount of video that can be recorded will diminish, which makes this question impossible to answer.

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

An hour of video is 10gb..

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Where did you get this info?

If I remember correctly (very unscientific) I deleted a 35min video and a 5-7min video and it took off 2.x GB

4. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Considering that the iPhone 4S can take 8mp photos and shoot 1080p video, you may want to consider purchasing a larger capacity device when using the camera.. The 1080p video that the iPhone 4S is capable of taking can use a significant amount of space on your device – 60 minutes of video could use up as much as 10-11GB of storage, where it would occupy less that 5GB of space on the iPhone 4.Also, images taken with the 4S’s 8mp camera will take up a little less than twice the space as they did on the iPhone 4. Considering that photos and video could take up twice the space or more on the 4S as you’re accustomed to, those that use these features a lot would probably be happier with a larger capacity 4S.

http://www.mactrast.com/2011/10/which-iphone-4s-capacity-should-you-choose/

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

thanks

6. estockme macrumors regular

there are apps (i think the one i use is called video camera+) which allow you to change the resolution. i have a 16gb 4s and at 1080p shooting video is just not practical... plus whatever the resolution you run into other quality issues with the sensor itself, especially in the dark.

I set mine at 720 and find the quality is fine, certainly acceptable for home movies and that sort of thing.

7. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I agree with u that there is no difference between 720p and 1080 in terms if daily shooting. I guess apply should really give an option here. I would definitely wanna shoot longer videos at 720p which is amazing quality too..

8. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

One question.. U mentioned the app video camera+ . Apple has image stabiliser and all that new tech. Do these apps too make use of it if shot at 720 p. because image stabiliser is really amazing when u shooting on the move..