how many of iPhone users also use an android phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Dec 13, 2011.

?

How many iPhone users also use an Android Phone?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2011.
  1. I do

47 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. I do not

86 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I have been tempted to do this. I would like to have either the Galaxy S2 or the Galaxy Nexus to go along with my iPhone but I just can't justify the expense right now.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I still have my Evo, but it's sitting in my closet, turned off.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I wouldn't mind having a galaxy nexus to try out.

5. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Use - No, my android phones are in a closet or given out to friends after I was done playing around.
    Have used - Yes

Question in the thread title? No, I'm not gonna play musical phones every day ;)

6. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

My work cell is an Android, but I really don't use it much.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Like, one conversation in my left ear & one in my right ear ... talking out of both sides of my mouth? :rolleyes:

8. scousers macrumors member

No doubt everyone has 2 phones - one for each ear!
    mmhmm.... :rolleyes:

9. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

I have an Xperia Play that I also use sometimes. I have a microsim adapter so I can use the Play with the minimum from my iPhone 4s. I don't switch to the android all that often but sometimes I just feel like switching.

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I guess I'm in the minority here (obviously, since this is an iPhone forum :p). I had a 3GS (jailbroken) and then upgraded to the 4S on launch day. I'd always wanted to try Android, but didn't want to give up the iPhone in case I didn't like it. Then all the retailers started running their Black Friday deals and I was able to pick up the Galaxy SII for $50 (using one of our unused upgrades).

I've now had it for about 3 weeks and I haven't used the 4S once since then. In fact, the only time I've picked up the 4S is to do some updates in the App Store every once in a while.

Being a member of this forum for a while now, I'd heard nothing but bad things about Android...how the apps sucked in comparison...how the Market is so unsecured...how updates are so few and far between...and how the hardware is so inferior to the iPhone.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. I've been able to get every app that I've got on my 4S (or an equivalent one), I haven't seen ANY security problems with the Market, and who needs updates when the thing is damn near perfect stock? I mean, being able to customize everything from the lock screen to the toggles (thank god for toggles!), right out of the box, is a god-send. And say what you want about the Super AMOLED display...this thing is beautiful. So is the Retina display, but the colors on the SGSII are just breathtaking.

After having the SGSII for about a week, I decided it was time to try rooting and installing a custom ROM, since I loved jailbreaking my iPhone. Best decision ever. I can now customize until my heart is content and the phone runs as smooth as silk. Samsung really upped their game with Touchwiz on the SGSII and it's nearly as smooth as the 4S.

I'm not downing the 4S at all. It's an amazing piece of hardware, but after finally experiencing Android for myself (on one of their flagship phones...lesser phones may not be as good), I can truly say don't believe everything you read here about it. Try it for yourself and I think you'll be singing a different tune.

That being said, my 4S isn't going anywhere. I never thought I'd say this a few months ago, but it's now my backup phone. I've never been a fanboy (the only Apple products I own are the 4S and an old iPod), but I've always loved the simplicity of iOS. Now I get to play with both and learning all these new things about Android is exciting.

If you get a chance to own both, go for it. It's nice to experience the two ends of the spectrum simultaneously. :D

11. KPOM macrumors G5

I have a Nexus One (T-Mobile) that was my main personal phone since January 2010. Since I replaced my BB with an iPhone 4S, I use the Nexus One primarily for tethering. It would be nice if Google would provide ICS to the Nexus One, but they've declared it "too old." If I can find a cheap Nexus S on eBay, I might be tempted to use it as a replacement for the Nexus One to try out ICS.

12. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I shall never understand people using multiple smartphones.
    That really goes against the trends in tech.

13. SurferMan, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

SurferMan macrumors 65816

Bingo!! I still have my jailbroken 3GS and my 4... bought an i777 SGII and haven't looked back. Phones is flat out amazing, so slick and smooth to use. And basically any advantage Apple had with better app's is out the door now, b/c I found same/similar apps on the market that work just as good if not better, even some games seem better like I just downloaded Gun Bros which is awesome and I have on my iphones as well.

Didn't sell my iPhones b/c gf uses the 4 usually even though she has a new BB from her employer for work. And my 3GS is sorta sentimental haha, all the customizations I did to it I don't want to get rid of it, I'm going to put a vid and some pics up so people can see what you can do with a jb'd phone. Plud fig'd I'd keep it around, as if anything happens to my phone or the 4 etc, at least we'll have a backup.

I was going to buy the 4S until I tried this phone out and also I could not live without a jailbreak with how I setup the phone for my use and there's still no jailbreak insight for the 4S even after numerous rumors (not having SBSettings alone would annoy the hell out of me lol), and plus I got it for .96 cents when Sams Club did their special for black friday, you'd have to be insane not to pass that up, they don't even charge tax on full retail price like others do when you buy at a discount. So basically I used my upgrade to get this phone for .96 and only had to pay the at&t activation fee which you'd have to do anyway and no tax off the full msrp.... f'n steal lol

14. sneaky butcher, Dec 14, 2011

sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

lets face it apple are having their asses handed to them by samsung right now with the S2. Apple need to respond or face oblivion.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I do, but only because my employeer issued me one. Other than for the fact they pay for a person hotspot on the phone and that I work with the IT team and have the support other users, I wouldn't touch another Android phone.

16. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Had A Droid. I voted no as I don't currently use it. I'm done with Android for now.

Work versus personal in my case. Trends are irrelevant. I make my decisions based on my needs/wants, not popular trends. Obviously, YMMV.

For you. The App Store still has a major advantage in terms of revenue which definitely makes a difference for developers.

Citation? Please provide the sales figures of the S2 versus the 4S to back this. "X needs to respond" is one of those ubiquitous nonsense memes from armchair analysts on the various forum sites. If Apple's about to face oblivion then what's happening to Nokia, RIM, HP, and MS's smartphone OS's?

17. sneaky butcher, Dec 14, 2011

sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

the s2 is thinner & lighter with a bigger screen and delivers comparable performance.

the s2 outsold the 4s in the UK in November. http://cmvlive.com/technology/gadge...till-the-top-selling-smartphone-in-the-market

I would call that getting their asses handed to them. If apple dont respond with a bigger screen and sleaker looking handset samsung will roll right over them. They're stealing customers from apple with this 8 month old handset, what happens when samsung release the s3 in april? Apple need to get competitive on price, screen size & features or they're done. Put it this way : a 3.5inch screen on the iphone 5 would be suicide.

18. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

I have Android on a Touchpad. I know it's not a phone, but close enough.

19. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You think the UK is going to put Apple into oblivion? Ummmm....

20. b24pgg macrumors 65816

The UK? No.

Europe? Maybe.

21. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Samsung galaxy to iPhone 4s user here. First apple Product I've ever bought aside from a used iPod. funny, all the reports I read say something to the effect of the 4s "selling like hotcakes" and bla bla bla marketshare bla bla bla

22. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I got a nexus s but I'm ditching it for a few weeks got me a cheap windows phone 7 on craiglist and I'm liking so far, some apps are expensive tho and no planning to buy any at the moment , my iPhone 4S is my personal phone and the windows phone is my work phone (I don't pay for it so I do not care how much data I use lol ), been a android user for over two years I came back to iPhone cause I hate to wait for updates and owning an ipad is cool to have some connection with my phone, I'm not getting an android tablet till I see something better my ipad has help me a lot with work and organize the workload I no longer have to carry papers with me and when I want a important paper to carry with me I make it a PDF with my iPhone 4S putting in my Dropbox and downloaded to my ipad perfect combination, the GS2 is a great smartphone but not for me

23. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

24. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I do. I use a GS2 and NExus and by the end of the day the Nokia 800 will be joining the fun.

One single phone is not enough for me.

25. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

My main cellphone is an LG Optimus V (VirginMobile pre-paid) and use an iPhone 4 32GB w/bad ESN as an "iPod Touch Pro". Since the OptV has free tethering, I occasionally use the iPhone to make Skype calls.