How many of yall get AppleCare+ inaddition to your ipad pro 12.9?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kofman13, Jun 9, 2018.

1. kofman13 macrumors regular

My ipad air 2 lasted me 4 years no problems, i never got AppleCare+, just standard included 1 year warranty. Looking back im glad i didnt waste money because i had no issues.

I am trading it in and getting the 12.9 pro next week, (dont feel like waiting till sept/november for new refresh) and i was thinking whether or not i should get applecare+. What do you guys think? Any Ipad pro users here who didnt get AppleCare+ and are still fine with the hardware?

2. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

AppleCare+ is insurance. A lot of credit cards offer extended insurance so if you get AC+ with such a card, the iPad can be covered for 3-4 years (2 years AC+ plus 1-2 years CC).

I got AC+ with mine for peace of mind. Older iPads, I believe out of warranty replacement is just $200-300. Meanwhile, it's $599 for the Pro 12.9. The thing is I don't want to be faced with a decision of buying a new iPad (either same model or newer one) before I actually want to just because mine broke.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

Always buy AppleCare it's essential and gives you ultimate peace of mind and access to the best telephone support on earth.

4. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Same here. Always buy now. If I do not use before I sell, I simply call for the pro-rated refund from AC+.

5. kofman13 thread starter macrumors regular

hold up.... you can get refund from AC+????

6. Andrew.s, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018

Andrew.s macrumors 6502

Andrew.s

Yes, from the terms below. I have AppleCare+ for my 10.5 pro. Don’t regret it.

“(b) If you cancel more than thirty (30) days after your receipt of this Plan, you will receive a pro rata refund of the original purchase price. The pro rata refund is based on the percentage of unexpired Plan Term from the Plan’s date of purchase, less (a) a cancellation fee of twenty-five ($25) dollars or ten percent (10%) of the pro-rata amount, whichever is less, and (b) the value of any benefits provided to you under the Plan.”

7. muzzy996 macrumors 6502

Ditto on purchasing for peace of mind. Value of such insurance is a subjective thing based upon ones financial situation, potential for damage and perceived risk.

8. FineFuturity macrumors member

FineFuturity

I would say its very much worth it since it gives you a peace of mind should any issues arise after the initial one year warranty ends. I bought it with my 9.7" Pro back in 2016 and I'm very glad I did: had a dead pixel appear a month or two ago and got it replace at no extra cost.

Do yourself a favor and buy it. IMO, it's better to have and not need than need and not have.

9. Johnny365 macrumors 6502

Johnny365

Depends on each state. Have to read the fine print.

10. old mac Suspended

old mac

No. An extended warranty is betting that your buying junk. From new trucks to appliances, I'm way ahead.

11. ericwn macrumors 68020

Didn’t buy it with any iOS device ever. No regrets.