How Many of You are Annoyed by the GSM Buzz?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andreab35, Nov 19, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

How many of you are annoyed by the GSM buzz? It surely annoys me!
    I go to work, the speakers of the Windows box starts buzzing like mad!
    The new discovery was at a relative's house yesterday. The tv buzzed the crap out of itself! Everyone was like, "what the heck is that noise?" And it was loud too!
    I even hear it in the car when the radio is playing! lol
    Usually a nice smack on my phone will do the trick!

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

I hate GSM buzz. I am on a fire department and the GSM buzz interferes with some of my radio equipment. Unacceptable. I wish I could disable GSM/EDGE all together and just use 3G. I don't even care if I get no service when I'm in a non-3G area.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We've been pretty much 100% GSM here in Australia since the mid to late 90's so we're pretty used to it.

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

If I am watching tv or listening to music on my computer I have to put the iPhone in Airplane Mode, otherwise the interference is awful

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I've had a GSM phone since 2005, you get use to it

6. synagence macrumors 6502a

Same here.... its annoying but since ALL phones in the UK are GSM then its kinda a moot point

7. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

you people must have verry poor GSM shielding in all your stuff. I'm in the UK and the only time i get GSM Buzz is in the speaker dock I baught in the states or if i sit my phone on top of my 7 year old home cinema amp and its an origional 2.5G 16GB iPhone so theres no chance its getting a 3G signal.

I havn't came accross anything in the past 4-6 years here that has picked up GSM interferance. I once had a booster antena for digital terestrial (Onn digital - over the air) that picked up GSM interferance from (at the time) cellnet and vodaphone, anytime somone walked past my window the signal would disapear, incidently orange didnt affect it in the slightest. But this was in 2001 when less people had mobiles, i.e. not everyone over 2 years old had a mobile

8. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

There are a lot of cheap-priced consumer electronics in the US. They are made in accordance to FCC Part 15 rules.

From http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/10/why-your-clock-radio-is-all-ab.html :

Personally, I only get it in cheap computer speakers, some headphones, and my HP all-in-one printer that has a speaker so I can hear dial tones.

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't get it much in my car and I moved my dock on my desk to eliminate it from my studio monitors. Other than that... I hardly ever hear it.

10. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

yup part 15 is on the bottom of the dock. at least the FCC has no duristiction over here so our cheap kak dosnt seem so cheap or kak, in saying that though the dock was arround $70 and I got it before the iPhone came out. at the same time in the UK spending £35 ($70 at exchange rate of the time) got you a pair of headphones someone had taken apart and stuck in a small box then glued to an ipod dock, i exagerate slightly but the things wern't even powered speakers in that price range and the few that were made the iPhones single speaker sound like a loud full range high quality speaker